I F****d up my Z for good

ss427

Bummer! About an hour ago at about 45 MPH I lost control in my Z and went off the road into a big boulder.. I moved the boulder about 6 feet which was pretty impressive, but my whole RH front corner is destroyed. The positive news? She starts up and drives perfect :high5: Didn't have my camera on me at the scene but I'll snap some pics of her in the AM.

Haha nah, the heart of the beast will live again in a new W body. I was going to transplant it into a CS ragtop at some point anyway.. Hell who knows maybe it'll look more savable when it's light outside!

It doesn't look as bad as it did the night it happened, but it still crumpled up pretty good. I'm going to try to pull it back out. If I can get enough clearance for the radiator and fans and the hood shuts okay, then I think I'll be able to get it on the road again. has anybody ever tried anything like this before?

Steve

IMGP6255.jpg

Lumina Blood!

IMGP6261.jpg

IMGP6218.jpg

IMGP6222.jpg

IMGP6223.jpg

IMGP6226.jpg

IMGP6230.jpg

IMGP6238.jpg

Cradle bent forward of suspension components, leaving suspension/axles unharmed.

IMGP6245.jpg

IMGP6247.jpg

I'd say to hell with it. That's a lot of damage. I'd just get a high mileage Z34 for cheap and swap the engine out of yours and into the new one, and call it a day, if you really want to.

Unless you have a way of straightening out that frame for cheap.

:supaburn: :supaburn: :supaburn: dude, that's painful to look at.

I'd say to hell with it. That's a lot of damage. I'd just get a high mileage Z34 for cheap and swap the engine out of yours and into the new one, and call it a day, if you really want to.

Gonna have to X2 this. Salvage everything you can off this one though.

At minimum you're looking at a new cradle, possible new trans cooler lines, headlight assembly, grille, hood, front bumper cover, bumber insert, a fender or two, the front panel, engine mounts, possible new radiator and/or A/C condenser, transmission cooler (if it had one), and who knows what else.

Looks like there may be rail damage. Anything is fixable, just depends how much effort/time/money you want to sink into it.

If you don't have access to a frame machine, it may be time to call it a day. :sad:

IMGP6223.jpg

It didn't look too bad there, but then.....

I don't know what to suggest. It may be better to buy a new Z, but I'm the guy that, should something happen to my car (knock on wood) I will fix it if it can be fixed, regardless of cost.