turn signal won't cancel after a left turn

98LTZ

I know I have a bad turn signal switch because it won't cancel after making a left turn. I just read a how-to write up on how to repair it and I don't have the patience to go inside the column. I know its a broken cancelling spring. Is there an easier way to fix it?? I know I have to turn it off myself after the turn which i'm used to.

My 97 does the same thing...it's the left cancelling spring and I don't feel like taking it apart either. It's been this way for....3 years now. I just keep living with it.

3 yrs?? That's a long time for you to put it off. You're the same way as I am. I got used to it. I don't think its worth going through that lol.

My turn signal switch was bad when I got the car. For the first couple weeks, I drove it holding the stalk in just the right position to get it to flash. It got annoying after a while.

It's too bad these switches weren't a lot more "smoother" then I wouldn't care if I had to manually cancel the signal lol. In my TSX and RX-7 I just hold the switch down enough to make it flash without actually engaging the stalk to lock in position. Lumina "can" do this too but the tolerance between flashing and not flashing is very slim lol.