Gen 1.5 Monte Carlo seats in 97 Cutlass Coupe

douellette

Good to know ...... I'd eventually like leather (bucket) seats in my '94 Z34 too. How far does w-body interchangeability go? Could I also switch the dash, console etc from something better (e.g. a cutlass supreme - for some reason the most common w-body here in Panama)? I appreciate that it may not be easy, but I'm more concerned about the overall basic practicality at the moment than the details, are mounting points the same, would there be gaps where it meets the screen/firewall, would I have to change the steering column as well etc?

Thanks, but knowing there must be something here already, I did a search, found a number of articles and it looks quite do-able ........ just need to find a scrap car with a suitable interior now!

just got my new leather seats today (Came out of a 96 monte z34), and im installing the seats in my 97 cutlass with non power seats, the new seats have power driver seat. is the wiring the same for the new seat the same as a late 90's grand prix?

heres a pic of the connector.

P2161798.jpg

okay, and if i dont use the factory "harness" or whatever that Crazy K has and wire up my own power wire, do i need to put some sort of fuse on the power wire? if so, what size?

I'd say unless you're a heavy guy (no offense if you are) that a 15 amp fuse is alright, provided you aren't running like every adjustment at the same time. The only one I can think that really pulls a good draw would be the recliner motor, but as long as you don't have all your weight against the backrest when you try and lift it you'll be alright. For the most part I think when it comes to seats people just set and forget, so if you think about it you won't really be using it all that much, so there isn't a constant draw on the circuit.

I'd say unless you're a heavy guy (no offense if you are) that a 15 amp fuse is alright, provided you aren't running like every adjustment at the same time. The only one I can think that really pulls a good draw would be the recliner motor, but as long as you don't have all your weight against the backrest when you try and lift it you'll be alright. For the most part I think when it comes to seats people just set and forget, so if you think about it you won't really be using it all that much, so there isn't a constant draw on the circuit.

yea im only like 160 lbs haha so. and my seat has manual backrest. but right now i have it set where i want it, i just ran 2 jumper wires to the connector on the seat, but ill eventually install the correct harness

If you use the factory harness bit it plugs into the c200 box, and the wire will be fused by an existing circuit breaker in your fuse box. 30amp, iirc, but if you pop your fuse cover off and check, you will find it. I would rather have a power seat 8 days a week.

If you use the factory harness bit it plugs into the c200 box, and the wire will be fused by an existing circuit breaker in your fuse box. 30amp, iirc, but if you pop your fuse cover off and check, you will find it. I would rather have a power seat 8 days a week.

yea i found that circuit breaker,

have you found one of those harness's yet? i'd really like to have one.

alright i just got my leather seats from a 96 monte carlo z34 and im putting them into my 97 cutlass 2 dr. 2 questions:

1. how do i put them back together, the upper half is 3 pieces because its a fold down design

and

2. "crazy K" told me you have to modify them to fit in my car, anyone have details/tips/advice on that? thanks.

http://s634.photobucket.com/albums/uu65/douellette/Seats/

^ pics of seats

fronts bolt right down. except you need the power wire...

The rears:

Lower part may require you to bend the outer edges of the seat frame in as it is can be too wide for the opening. Or, you may have to hack some of the plastic around the rear lower seat. try fitting it.

Upper part is held in by 5(or 6) bolts. the 2 or 3 normal ones on the bottom, and 3 that hold the top half in place. You will need to see where these line up and see if you can install some bolts and clips. I'd be happy to toss in a few proper clips and bolts if I ship you the power wire

haha alright well i got the cushions back into the backrest. and the top seems to fit in pretty well but a little tight on the sides. i had to drill 2 holes on the top for the top mounts. and the bottom 3 line right up. the bottom cushion seems like it would fit except for the 2 rear corners where it touches the other part of the seat. my old seat is contoured around that area but the new ones are more like a square.

So its possible to bend the seat?? i was trying to figure out someway to remove some of the foam but idk.