flickering headlights

hazmatic

i think the problem is that its a civic. replace the car and it should be all fixed

by 'speakers' do you mean subs? a 3 apeaker stereo is very primative (ie one speaker is blown in your double set of radio shack speakers) and should not be causing a drain. If this is somehow the case, check your wiring job, you probably have + and - reversed somewhere. that would cause significant drain and terrible sound quality

if your actually running 3 subs, a capacitor (a GOOD one) is neccesary. your next step is that optima battery which you claim to have and a bigger alt.

i think the problem is that its a civic. replace the car and it should be all fixed

by 'speakers' do you mean subs? a 3 apeaker stereo is very primative (ie one speaker is blown in your double set of radio shack speakers) and should not be causing a drain. If this is somehow the case, check your wiring job, you probably have + and - reversed somewhere. that would cause significant drain and terrible sound quality

if your actually running 3 subs, a capacitor (a GOOD one) is neccesary. your next step is that optima battery which you claim to have and a bigger alt.

frst of all it aint my regal its my friends civic and when i said speakers i ment 3 way 6x9 speakers from infinti

Definately needs a cap. (Capacitor) It stores up large amounts of electric current to act as a buffer between the amps and the alternator. If you do not have a cap on there then you will definately have problems. The civic alts barely have enough power to handle the car. when you add stereo components you add a draw to the system that it cant handle. The problem is its difficult to find a higher amp alternator for the civics without doing some involved mods.