Anyone installed Silver Star bulbs in a 94 cutlass?

kwik-6

I pulled the low beam and when I removed the bulb, it had a grey, flexible sealer holding the bulb in. Does anyone know what model of SilverStars fits and any tips on installing? Or do you need to replace the whole unit?

I guess it would have to have been. Someone either hacked the old casing or bought the aftermarket kit. The standard miniquad low beams are H4351 sealed beam bulbs. The H4351 has the same electrical connection as the 9006 halogen capsule bulb. That's your winner. You just need to find a 9006 silverstar.

silicone

Yep. I have at least one bulb siliconed into the sealed beam housing on my '93. It's been in there since 2004 or 2005. Typical silicones seem to be rated to around 500*F(260 C) or higher.

silicone

and don't waste your money on Silverstars, HID kit or bust.

Yes sir I got a 9006 hid conversion kit in my vert. Can you say BRIGHT. I used Locktite clear silicone to seal mine. Let them sit for 24 hours and put them back in car. I've got a conversion kit for my fogs also, both kits are 8000k kelvin color.

so i have an HID kit sitting here on the floor, yet to install it. so it would be okay to put the hid bulbs in the stock housing? it doesnt fit in there all loosely (with or without silicone)?

I always advice AGAINST retrofitting HIDs but I'm not starting that flamewar again.

are you saying you recommend those camaro aftermarket housings?

No, he is recommending that you get a set of projector headlight housings. That way, the light output is controlled, and not sprayed all over the road, blinding people causing wrecks etc.

Personally, I think you would be okay using the camaro housings, (non-projector) considering that your headlights are recessed into the bumper, so that creates a line there to control the light output.

I always advice AGAINST retrofitting HIDs but I'm not starting that flamewar again.

No, he is recommending that you get a set of projector headlight housings. That way, the light output is controlled, and not sprayed all over the road, blinding people causing wrecks etc.

That is correct.

Personally, I think you would be okay using the camaro housings, (non-projector) considering that your headlights are recessed into the bumper, so that creates a line there to control the light output.

and where i would find those? haha

whats QFT?