I guess someone figured I was just too happy lately...

CPSMonteZ34

...so my car won't start.

It's at work in the parking lot. I only live a couple minutes away, so I figured it to be safe (and because the shop is at the end of the lot, so it's easier, and cheaper, to push it there than tow it from the apartment)

She cranks fine, but no gimme for a sparked turnover. Since I moved, I don't have access to all the tools I had in the garage back in BC, so I guess I'll just have to get raped by the shop.

I'm going back now to see if I can hear the fuel pump work. If I do, it's bound to be electrical...if I don't, I'm going to be rather pissed off that a fuel pump from Jan 2002 didn't last longer than up to now. They did the crank position sensor at the same time because of a no-start situation. The ignition module was done in Nov of 98.

This "car" is getting closer to replacement by the day.

I took a spare set of keys along just to find out if it might be the security chip imbedded in the key that was malfunctioning. I put the spare key in (hardly ever used) and it whirred away. Turning the crank, she fired up.

I then put the old key in and tried, and there was no fuel pump or ignition, just cranking to no end. Put the new one in again, and there were no problems.

So in case you have a problem like this, and you have a security chip embedded in your key - try another key!

I put the old one in again before I left, without thinking, and it started fine...so I think I'll just keep using it and have the new one handy just in case. This way I can be sure if it is the key or not.

Now, my only problem is that I may no longer have a useful spare key, and my ID key tag has long-since disappeared. Do I just bring positive identification to the dealer, showing ownership of my car, in order to get a couple spares cut?