Took a trip... Went well!

alec_b

I took the GP on a 1k mile trip this weekend, me and a buddy of mine went to visit friends in Kankekee, IL. The car drove great, very comfortable on the road. Averaged 29 MPG's on the trip, just gave her a fresh tune-up: plugs, wires, air and fuel filters. Tires properly inflated to recommended pressure. I ran 89 octane fuel on the trip, I know it probably didn't do anything but it the car seems to get better mileage with 89 than the crappy 87 we have here in the twin cities.

I will say that the base model seats aren't the greatest for support out of all the GM seats I've sat in, my SSEi definitely had better seats, and my Aurora that I took last time on the same trip was a bit more comfortable.

Oh, and the Aurora beat the GP for mileage too, I got 31 with the Aurora and as I said 29 with the GP. I'd figure that's more in the gearing or the power difference than anything else, but I'm for sure not complaining about 29.