night at the races

phantomFE3

i got back from the races last night, it was pretty sweet, there were all different kinds of cars ranging from beat up old 73 chargers completely stock to a dodge viper SRT-10 and beefed up Supras. there were 3 GTP's there by my count, i talked to one of the guys that owned one and he said he only had about 600 bucks into it, it was a pretty nice car, i told him about us and he said he would stop by and join up, he seemed like a nice guy, he was even running slicks. its crazy, you go from supras that have thousands of dollars of turbo equipment and nitrous injection and everything, to a shitty ass honda CRX with a dirty engine bay and a makeshift cold air intake :lol: its wierd because they are comparing their 50,000 cars with turbos and nitrous and all this other shit when they have a naturally aspirated mustang keeping up with them, and a fo body mustang with just a vortec supercharger and some internals built thats WASTING them! its crazy, it was fun though, there was a new buick regal there that only raced once and it kicked the other guys ass, i dont quite remember the time though. i think after going to that im gonna put a 5.0 in my brothers mustang and bring it down there, it will be alot easier to get parts for it since the market is so abundant with the fox body mustangs, ill make it a sleeper :D there was a gayed out 1st gen grand prix there, in the parking lot, it has the ricer wing and the little lights and everything, it was pretty gay, i didnt gety a pic of it because i forgot my camera, other wise +1 for the molested GP list. they had some bikes running there too, the fastest was a hayabusa that at its best run ran a 9.95 :shock: thats crazy, lol and they also had snowmobiles running the in VERY low 10's (like 10.01 as best run) ...quite a few good looking ladies there too... hah it was kinda fun to walk around in place where they all lines up to get their turn on going on the track, just to look at all the cars and everything, there was a first gen eclipse that was tearin it up, i bet it musta been a 4 wheel drive turbo with nitrous, otherwise i dont see how he could be going that fast, that guy was a pretty good driver though, its amazing how much the driver makes a difference, some peope are running in the 5's and the 6's for reaction time, and then we have nubs running in the 13's and stuff when they are actually trying, it was crazy

yes it was crazy and cool

do not forget the sub 7 at 194 run of that funny car.

of course that was part of the normal weekly racers and not the sat night tintmaster sponsored thing.

not sure if this was that same car or not but was bored today and found a thread at another forum talkin about this event

http://dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=8c28168696222cf96611a10ab1efac19&threadid=102248

the link in his profile takes ya to a shop in west fargo with a pic of an import on the main page.

anyways

was good

sorry to leave earlier than you.

was getting dark and we could not find ya.

Monty

lol, its alright, we only got a little lost once, instead of going straight on the road going back to highway 59 we look a left onto the freeway enterance, luckily i was smart and i stoppped before we go on the freeway and turned around and went back and then after that we found our way pretty easy, we stopped at mcdonalds in DL before we headed home, it was great, cant wait till next year

glad to see you made it home ok

ya know it was funny listening to the old racers and those who raced old school rides talk about later in the day the FandF crowd will be here in full force. like that FandF crowd is all bad and stuff.

i seem to recall many old school rides upset by the imports.

imho

it is all about promoting and growing the sport

be it import or domestic

natural or on the bottle

Monty