Anyone need anything from the junkyard?

Robb235

Hey guys, I've lurked for long time here but never really posted. I used to post on the MyMonte forum, ClubGP, and L67swap.org (now Motorswap.org), and currently hang around on R6live.com (sportbike forum).

Anyways, I'm heading to the pull-a-part this Sunday to hunt for an L67, 4T65-E, and other items for the swap to replace my worn out 3100. Maybe I'll grab the calipers to replace my rear drums. Anyways, I figured while I was there I'd grab some parts that anyone might need. I've got Paypal, so I'd be happy to grab that part and then you pay for it + shipping. The place I go to doesn't usually have anything newer than 2002, so I won't be able to grab parts off of a 3500 or anything like that. If you have anything you need, let me know!

If you could find an O2 sensor for a 97 GTP that would be fantastic. I got quoted 10 dollars at my junkyard but the son of a bitch was in a car that got into a front end collison, thus the motor was pushed back, and the sensor was seized on and I busted an extension trying to get it. Needless to say I need that if I have any hopes of getting more than 10 miles to the gallon, lol.

Unbroken center console lid from a 95-99 Monte Carlo... Right Rear window motor and regulator assembly for a 2000-2005 Bonneville... Not sure your location but if your in Nebraska I need a few body panels... If you find a GTP with a motor, I need all the idler pulleys that the supercharger belt runs on...

My '92 needs a jack & tire iron, and my driver power seat rails are busted. Actually, the seat also has a case of FAS, so maybe the whole bottom (dark gray cloth sport bucket, if you have a way to ship it).

If you could find an O2 sensor for a 97 GTP that would be fantastic. I got quoted 10 dollars at my junkyard but the son of a bitch was in a car that got into a front end collison, thus the motor was pushed back, and the sensor was seized on and I busted an extension trying to get it. Needless to say I need that if I have any hopes of getting more than 10 miles to the gallon, lol.

Honestly, I think I'd just get a new one from AutoZone before I grabbed a used one off another car in unknown condition.

Unbroken center console lid from a 95-99 Monte Carlo...

Good luck with that one... I've yet to come across a car in a junkyard that had one of these intact. Mine has been JB Welded for several years now and finally broke again a couple months ago.

I need a center console for a column shift 1995-1997 cadillac sls or sts. I am looking very hard for this preferrably in A tannish color, and it has the vents for the rear on the back side. The hard part is it has to be column shift.

If they have anything it would be really cool

Honestly, I think I'd just get a new one from AutoZone before I grabbed a used one off another car in unknown condition.

Yeah but I could fuck up 6 times according to junkyard prices and still be ahead versus if I bought a new one.

Here's a pic of a part I would like if you can find it... you can see the crack, that is the panel I want to replace... It's kindof the whole top part of the door I think... Graphite in color

Front-Door-Trim-Panel-LH.jpg

Also, undamaged 1st gen sedan-compatible body pieces in Medium Cloisonne Blue Metallic would be nice... specifically a front bumper cover, LH rear quarter/fender, or hood.

I do believe you need the whole door panel

It does come apart, but it so so much more trouble than it is worth. You will want the entire interior door panel.

Well then, I need the entire Driver's door interior door panel from a 1994-1996 GP Sedan in Graphite.

Sorry to disappoint... I couldn't make it out there. Apparently there's now supposed to be a blizzard in Chattanooga soon...

Speaks the truff! I just got home after leaving work at 5pm, and it took me 4 hours. I have almost bald tires, what a blast!

Speaks the truff! I just got home after leaving work at 5pm, and it took me 4 hours. I have almost bald tires, what a blast!

Haha welcome to the world of snow-o-phobia. I have cousins in Tenn and they tell me how they cancel schools for a dusting of snow :lol: Damn man 4 hours? How long does it usually take you to get home. I have had a 30 min commute turn into 1:45 min commute because people can't drive in the snow (or at all).. :willynilly: I will let you guys enjoy the snow for a chance!

Sorry to disappoint... I couldn't make it out there. Apparently there's now supposed to be a blizzard in Chattanooga soon...

They cancelled classes at UTC at 2 today, and it took me 45 minutes to get down Amnicola Highway to the AutoZone I work at. Usually it takes me 10 - 15 minutes to get there.

Keyless Entry Receiver Module

I must have fried mine when trying to re-solder the board. :mad:

Fits 1990-1995 GM vehicles

My brother has a 94 regal gs and his receiver didn't work. I took it apart and remelted all of the solder joints. It worked for about a day. The next day I remelted the solder and added some new solder. Has been working great for over a year. Have you tried melting and adding more solder to yours? If you get one at the yard it may not work either and will require re-soldering since it seems to be a very common issue with them.

Keyless Entry Receiver Module

I must have fried mine when trying to re-solder the board. :mad:

Fits 1990-1995 GM vehicles

My brother has a 94 regal gs and his receiver didn't work. I took it apart and remelted all of the solder joints. It worked for about a day. The next day I remelted the solder and added some new solder. Has been working great for over a year. Have you tried melting and adding more solder to yours? If you get one at the yard it may not work either and will require re-soldering since it seems to be a very common issue with them.

I added more solder to it and it worked for only 20 minutes. I then did it about 3 more times and still no go :frown:

I found someone who has a new one he never used, I'm just waiting to hear back from him.

I added more solder to it and it worked for only 20 minutes. I then did it about 3 more times and still no go :frown:

I found someone who has a new one he never used, I'm just waiting to hear back from him.

That sucks, maybe you fried it then. At least its a cheap part at a junk yard. They are only $5 at the one I go too. Just a hint. I mounted my brothers receiver inside the trunk so I didn't have to keep taking the back seats out every time it stopped working again. It probably doesn't get as good as a signal now but its a lot easier to just unplug it in the trunk that removing the back seat and rear deck. Plus if its easy to get to it work break :lol:

That sucks, maybe you fried it then. At least its a cheap part at a junk yard. They are only $5 at the one I go too. Just a hint. I mounted my brothers receiver inside the trunk so I didn't have to keep taking the back seats out every time it stopped working again. It probably doesn't get as good as a signal now but its a lot easier to just unplug it in the trunk that removing the back seat and rear deck. Plus if its easy to get to it work break :lol:

[br]

I wish I was out by you. Junkyards out here (nyc area), dont save them. I found one yard out in Long Island that wants $75 for one....hahahaha!!

[br]

It's funny you bring up about relocating it. As we speak, my back seats, rear trim and rear deck cover are in pieces awaiting another receiver.

[br]

I was considering creating a little hinged opening on the rear deck cover to gain easier access, but I actually like your trunk installation alot better!

[br]

I would be concerned however if the signal strength is diminished, when I had it working for 20 minutes it seemed crappy with it sitting on the rear deck completely exposed.

Ya the receivers in the 1st gen w-bodies suck big time. I had the receiver on the rear deck and the reception sucked and it seems only slightly worse when inside the trunk. But hey how often do you use your keyless remote more than 10 feet away?

You got to be kidding me... $75 bucks for a used one. Most self service yards have loads of w-bodies just wanting someone to save them (or parts of them). I am sure someone can get you one for cheap if you end up needing one.

Ya the receivers in the 1st gen w-bodies suck big time. I had the receiver on the rear deck and the reception sucked and it seems only slightly worse when inside the trunk. But hey how often do you use your keyless remote more than 10 feet away?

You got to be kidding me... $75 bucks for a used one. Most self service yards have loads of w-bodies just wanting someone to save them (or parts of them). I am sure someone can get you one for cheap if you end up needing one.

Pick-n-pull yards are not that common in my area. I know Jersey's got a few.