Appeal to GM High-Tech Magazine

Myotis1134

Hey people,

Just woke up a while ago, realized it was a funky hour to be up, saw a copy of GM High-Tech magazine lying on the floor, and decided to write them a letter. It pisses me off that these major magazines never address our cars because they aren't as popular as the camaro, so here is the product of my wrath.

ehh, who needs some magazine to tell us how to customize our cars. What could they tell us that most of the people here don't already know? :lol:

It would be interesting though if they listen to you though. i'd buy the issue. :thumb:

IF I were to send a letter to any Chevy based magazine, it wouldn't be them. They all bowdown to the LSX. I'd try Super Chevy. Maybe not so much anymore, but probably 5+ years ago they had little blurbs here and there on the w-body.

If there was a rag that featured all types of domestic builds I would buy it as long as it wasn't all riced out.

there would have to be plenty of late 80's early '90's cheap american car build-ups with turbos and motor swaps for me to want to subscribe.

I would like to see TGPs, fieros, Merkurs, svo mustangs, any variety of w-body. just no f-bodys, v-8 mustangs, or caddys.

However, in case you punks missed it, I only used mentioning my car as a motivation for bitching at them, and tried to be inclusive of ALL W-bodies.

Alright, I'm over it now.

I'm okay with our cars not getting any limelight, personally. It keeps the cost to own, buy and build these cars very cheap.

That is so true...

If there is no demand, there is no expensiveness.

What I want them to do is throw a little research into what others have done to their w-body. If they are smart, they would start right here- with this site, since there are a lot of highly-modified car owners on here. Doing something like that would give anybody who wants to do something with their car an idea of where to start, and what's possible. I speak from experience- I have a lot of ideas on how to make my car awesome, but it starts getting vague when I try to figure out what kind of materials I need to get for the project, if it would be more cost-effective to have someone do it for me, or if anything else needs to be modified before I start.

Seeing other people's projects, and being walked through them with nice pics would help a lot, and yes, I know that is what happens on this site, but not everybody knows about this site. Besides, project walk-throughs are one thing that I would like to see, a crossover section is another. There are so many interchangeable parts for our vehicles out there, and I only know of a few, and that's thanks to this site. Knowing of more specific parts would allow for more up-to-date modifications and upgrades to take place.

I mean shit! I'm looking through the 2010 ultimate buyers guide tuner edition, and I'm seeing a LOT of cool toys that I'm curious if some of them would work on my lumina, and with what modifications, if any are even required.

I'm convinced that If someone who was able to put a little pressure on, say a known researcher/reporter from a major established magazine, was to corner a mechanic from chevy, it would come out that there are tons of interchangeable parts that would work on w-bodies.

And to address the limelight comment, I don't think there would be a rush of people trying to get their hands on a w-body just because an auto magazine points out a few facts about how much can be done to them. It takes a certain type of person to own and keep on owning a older w-body in the first place, and I have been compared to those weirdos who liked the gremlin several times after someone found out how much time I put into keeping my car running. Besides even if an issue is printed for the w-body, and lots of people realize that it is an inexpensive vehicle that can be very bad-ass, go out and get one, then demand is created for parts, and with the demand comes competition- and prices will still not go through the roof.

none of this is going to happen anyways, so it's a moot point.

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't think these cars will ever get any sort of coverage unless someone does their own e-magazine or something like that. Even then, I'm not so sure that you would have enough content to make your own magazine worthwhile unless you only released it 3-4 times per year.

I just wanted to point out that the 2nd Gen w-body crowd(supercharged Grand Prix GTP's and Regal GS') has garnered a bit of attention from various mags over the years though. I believe 99% of the coverage was due to drag racing events these cars competed in.

I just wanted to point out that the 2nd Gen w-body crowd(supercharged Grand Prix GTP's and Regal GS') has garnered a bit of attention from various mags over the years though. I believe 99% of the coverage was due to drag racing events these cars competed in.

Yeah, a lot of Pontiac magazines did build up articles/racing articles when the 2nd Gens were in their hayday.

So maybe someone needs to give a few examples of ways the w-body can be pimped out, and generate a little interest. I volunteer to go the muscle car route, who wants to volunteer to rice their car out?

So maybe someone needs to give a few examples of ways the w-body can be pimped out, and generate a little interest. I volunteer to go the muscle car route, who wants to volunteer to rice their car out?

:facepalm:

Please never use those terms again....

Xzibit will never touch my car...

And no one should encourage ricing out ANY car

Jamie