I'm a W-Body owner again!

DaveFromColorado

Yup ... Yesterday I purchased a 1991 Olds Cutlass Supreme ... 3.1, auto (on the column) 4-door. $400.00

It starts, it runs, it drives (with a max speed of about 15 mph)

The catalytic converter is plugged up ... I'm sure of it. He said he thought it was the Fuel Pressure Regulator, but I'm sure it's the converter.

The drivers door doesn't open from the inside (easy fix, I'm fairly sure)

not a bunch of rust, but certainly a good deal for $400.00

on a side note, I'm tired of everyone calling it a Cadillac converter, whenever I talk to people about my new car ...

I only picked it up because I gotta replace the clutch in my Saturn, and I figured I'd buy this, drive it for a couple weeks, fix it up a bit, and sell it real quick.

--Dave.

it's got tons of spark ... tons of fuel ... everything is there to make it happen, but the exhaust is way too restricted ... so I'm going with my thought of a plugged cat.

nothing a saws-all, and a bi-metal blade can't test out for me :)

--Dave.

Thanks everyone!!

and already, the search feature is coming in handy ... I pulled the cat and there was no change - changed the coils and ICM ... still no change. Search feature tells me to look at the injectors. That won't be a problem, because I can bang that one out tomorrow easily enough. Supposed to be another nice day here in good ol' MN, and my Saturn is still running ... for the most part. (still needs a clutch)

--Dave.

Dave! funny how i just started checking this site again after so long and along you come. i still remember when you showed up to that MOA meet with your Z-34 that had a chain holding the bumper together!

welcome back!

.. I remember that Z ... the chain as I remember was actually holding the fender. LOL! I smoked the hell outta that trans. The motor was a bit weak too. I still have those pictures too! I should dig 'em up and post 'em.

I didn't actually check my fuel pressure, but I had fuel to the rail (pushed it in with a key)

Today (About a half hour ago) I pulled the upper intake off, and discovered during the process, a few things.

the PCV hose was brittle (seems to be common to the 3.1's, IIRC) and broke.

the FPR line had a ton of gas in it (showing the FPR is most likely bad)

the #3 injector (drivers side cylinder, against the firewall) has a resistance of 1.2 ohms. The rest are between 11.6 and 11.8.

my shopping list now ...

90 degree coolant hose

hose clamps

vacuum line for the PCV valve

PCV valve

upper intake gaskets

EGR gaskets]

exhaust clamps (I already cut the Cat out ... all the stuff in it is broken and rattling anyhow)

1 fuel injector (used)

Shouldn't be too pricy to fix, and then I should have a good running car. :)

--Dave.