Swap DIC into '95 GP SE *UPDATED YEAR*

alec_b

Well I popped off that access cover on the drivers side of the dash, and there isn't anything in there :( I felt for all the wiring I could find back there, but everything was accounted for. Dimmer, headlight, fog light, 2nd gear start switch, and I believe the parking brake wire. I followed the harness as far back as I could until it disappeared by the cluster and that was all there was. That's too bad...

option 1: pull a complete dash harness from an identical year donor at the j/y that has the plugs and install it in your car.

option 2: pull part of a dash harness from an identical year donor at the j/y that has the plugs, cut the plugs and keep the wiring portion the that includes the cluster and aldl connector and solder it into your car.

both are a bit of work, and both should require dash removal.

having done both, I'd opt for complete donor harness if you think you can do this job yourself.

Well it doesn't look like there's very many wires there, maybe 12 at most. If I dont use the temp. sensor that should drop it down to 10. Does someone have the wiring diagram for the DIC? I'd love to take a lookk

how hard is it to remove the harness? The car I cut this out of is still there. I could see about grabbing the rest of hte harness. Then you'd just have to re-connect these wires. Depending on if it isn't too hard to get out, or if you want to compensate me for my time taking it out.

Where are the temp sensors located in front?