95/96 regal heater controls in a 94 or earlier regal.

BS009

Do the 95/96 heater/AC controls have the same connectors as the earlier regals? I'm wondering because I'm thinking about modifying my dash so an aftermarket stereo doesn't stand out as much with the big black hole in the dash and the head unit sticking out. I personally think it looks bad.

I'm gonna be getting an aftermarket stereo (standard single din) in the spring and i'm thinking of placing it where the current radio and heater controls are and having the 95/96 heat/AC controller under it. This is just an idea i've been throwing around in my head.

If they're not the same, would it be easy to grab the connector from the 95/96 unit and match the wires with the connectors on my unit?

mines a 94 fwiw

Edited by BS009

Awesome! that's good news.

I guess now that's gonna be the most difficult part. Does anybody have a service manual for a 95/96 regal that can post a picture of the connector faces and the wiring diagram? I don't wanna have to spend $30 to get a service manual for a car that i don't have just for one pinout. It would be very much appreciated.

Not a problem at all. I don't plan on tearing apart my car for a couple of months. Right now i'm just getting ideas and information so I know what i'm doing when i get there. :thumb:

• 10 months later...

Anybody have a 95 service manual?

I found out that the 4 pin connector interchanges, so I really only need the pinouts for the 16 pin connector. If it's anything like my 94 manual It should be just one page that tells what each wire is for.

I don't wanna end up having to buy one just for this one pinout. I already have the unit and I'm hoping to install it asap.

I just emailed you some pinouts for each year to compare. I sent them to the email account you have listed in your profile. It'll be from my username here @ windstream.net :thumbsup: