Thought only white ones peeled...

cubsfan24

Looking on ebay and saw a Tan Lumina with the hood missing half its paint!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Lumina-4DR-SDN-PLC-1999-Chevrolet-Lumina-4DR-SDN-PLC_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3358d68cccQQitemZ220533787852QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks#v4-48

I have only seen White cars peel in this manner. Although I think it could just be a limited case because its only the hood peeling (atleast so far) and not the entire car like my white lumina did.

So what colors are prone to peeling and what year did GM finally fix the issue?

Looks to me like the hood is from a white car.

Wow good eye! I took another look and moved my monitor around a bit and noticed the hood was white! I must be colored blind tonight....

I bet that backfired for the person who did that. Well either we can have a dented tan hood or a white one with half its paint missing :lol:

That is a white hood. There is a lumina and a regal at my local year that are all messed up, they look like someone stripped half the paint off of every panel. can anyone say recall

What color is the white on the 1.5 Gen Luminas/Montes? If it's bright white, it's odd to me that it peels considering the bright white GP's from 93-96(maybe even earlier) never peel. My 16 year old Bright White '93 has no peeling AT ALL. I have seen plenty of early white GP's peel though, 88-90ish(?).

the 90GP has "colesunne"(?) blue metallic that peels like a sonofabitch...

on the MC(sherwood green metallic), just the lower trim around the window peeled...

Just looked on compnine and it says my Lumina is Pearl White. I'm curious to see if all colors of white peel or just Pearl White because I can't remember seeing white Montes peel like the white luminas do.

After it gets warmer outside I will go see what color my brothers 94 regal is which is also peeling slightly.

That is a white hood on the that car from ebay. Says it was in an accident so someone must have just thrown whatever on there to get it back on the road.

My white on my car is code 16U (positive of that) or WA8754 (I think I can't remember the WA number exactly)... it's a 97 but they used that color up until Olympic White came out (which is code 40) I think in early 2000's. Surprisingly, I have no flaking on the car at all at 162k. But I also know that the from both front doors forward have been repainted (due to an accident when it was 6 months old) so that may never peel.

The medium blue on my 90 is peeling... has been for some time I am chasing it across the hood and roof with touch up paint to try and stop it from spreading.

That is exactly the color tan on my Lumina. I don't know about the price, but with the high mileage and busted air vents I wouldn't be paying 1,850.00. I would drop "maybe" $900.00 for it.

I do like the black eye effect on the passenger side:

!!fiuo5w!2E~$(KGrHqYH-CIEsUOueWWKBLPJ-gEJYw~~_4.JPG

Never seen chrome lumina wheelcovers.

X2

Mine are not chrome, but need to go to junk yard and pick up the 16 inch lumina alloys for that year.

My white on my car is code 16U (positive of that) or WA8754 (I think I can't remember the WA number exactly)... it's a 97 but they used that color up until Olympic White came out (which is code 40) I think in early 2000's. Surprisingly, I have no flaking on the car at all at 162k. But I also know that the from both front doors forward have been repainted (due to an accident when it was 6 months old) so that may never peel.

Ya, I just looked at my brothers 94 regal and it has a paint code of 16U... AKA Pearl White. I am curious to see if its all white colors or just pearl white that peels. You are super lucky because my 96 Lumina had paint peelage on every body panel except on the drivers rear quarter panel which had been repainted at some point. Rustoleum glossy white is my friend on touching up the cow like appearance my car had.

Yep, the only spot that has any peel on it is on the pass rear door, but it's the clear peeling and not the white...but I'm watching that closely to see what happens. It's been over a year and so far, no peel.

i have yet to see a white lumina that is in worse shape paint wise then mine

My 96 Lumina looked very similar to yours before I repainted it. Except my roof was just starting to peel. Although my doors were way worse than yours. Yours is actually in good shape cause your roof isn't rusting (yet) like most of them driving around.

Oh and if you think you are going to keep your Lumina for awhile I would look into touching it up with Rustoleum Paint. It takes a little effort but its cheap. Google $50 paint job to find out more info. My "$50" paint job has held up through two Indiana summers and 1.5 Winters fairly well. Although the paint on my hood chips fairly easily from rocks hitting it but I just dab some more pant onto the marks and it looks good from 5 feet away.