Color matching

dodgethis

I was going to get some touch up pain for the hood on the lumina. My question goes to all my lumina owners. Where are you guys finding the code to match it up to duplicolor? I look in trunk and I do have the sticker under it that has the RPO codes but it didn't list the U code or L code. I wouldn't have two trim color on the car, as it's all one color.

I was going to check my Vin# from compnine's website, but they are down.

Anyone know of a good website, or would I do better to just call a dealer?

Underside of the trunk lid. It will be a code such as 32U...most likely the 5th or 6th from the end of the RPO codes. Underneath that, seperately, there will be a WA code such as WA121A

The first code is for the actual code itself, the WA code is for the correct tint used on your car.

My light adriatic blue on my 96 has two WA codes, one that is my car and one that has far too much magenta in it. I learned that the hard way...

rpotag-1.jpg

It's a bad pic but follow my sad arrows and you can see the rough area's of what I'm talking about. I took this on my 97 just now with a flashlight :lol:

rpotag-1.jpg

3.1lumina, Thanks for the pic. The Thing is, I have the same sticker under the lid of the trunk. I just dont have the WA number. I am lost because neither a U code or anything is on the sticker. Any ideas?

I may be able to pull the RPO code list for you car off of GM's VIS site for you, it sometimes doesn't work for older cars. I still haven't figured out the cutoff year for the site, it didn't work for my 97 bonneville but it has worked for older carsI can check it for you if you post your VIN, Only if you feel comfortable posting it.

I forgot about having VIS.... I can get it too if chevyguy8893 can't. Like he said, just need either the last 8 digits or the entire thing. (it's up to you).

And I was able to get all of my RPO codes for it the U code will definitely be there.

There are 2 stickers, you sure you're not missing looking at one of them? Although, it is possible the sticker may be gone if the deck lid has ever been replaced.

I went on compnine, and I got to say that site has cool info on the car.

Here is snapshot of what I have found about the color of the vehicle.

color.jpg

So I am gold, not driftwood metallic correct? :eng101: :dunce: