Aftermarket tach

2regals

Id rather just put in the tach as I like the digital speedo.

I have been having problems with my gauge cluster on my 92 Regal, it has the digital speedometer. What needs to be done to swap in a full analog gauge cluster?

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

What Jeremy said IS correct.

Purple/white or white at the ICM (not sure what it is in the dash). This wire is measured in AC voltage, NOT DC. While running, this wire should measure between 1.5-7 volts AC. Be sure to rev your engine while testing, the voltage should jump and come down with engine speed.

• 2 weeks later...

NEGATIVE. It the car DID NOT come with a tach, it will not have a tach wire insdie the car. you can find a tach wire in the engine bay, however, and splice into it. It would still be on the engine side or the firewall connector.....

What engine in a 92 do you have?

I don't have the book for that.... but if you did unhook the C100 connector, you will find a white smaller gauge wire on the engine side that does not continue into the passenger compartment. That has been the tach wire on all other cars that i have investigated. I can try to find the info, or anyone with a 91-93 obd 1 c100 pinout can give you the answer.

FYI, all first gen cars if they did not have a tach don't have the wire, as far as investigations go... gen 1.5 cars changed that and were pre-wired.