Question for 95 & 96 Regal owners.

grtpumpkin

Can you check on your heater control assembly to see if the lettering on all the buttons light up when the headlight switch is turned on? The only ones that have ever lit up on mine and my replacement unit, is the temp and fan slide controls. All other buttons do not light up the lettering. The center lights on each individual button will light up when the button is depressed but the lettering will not. Makes it a pain to switch modes in the dark. I've had this car so long I don't remember if they ever lit up or not. Seems to me they should.

Ok so I took the old one apart and it looks loike there are 3 bulbs wuth blue filters and they are all burned out. Funny thing is the salvage yard one that I bought also doesn't light up. I thought maybe a feed wire for power might not be working but that's not the case. There is power at the terminal when the headlamp switch is turned on so the failure is in the bulbs or on the board that the bulbs are soldered to. At least my heat is working with the replacement. I can live without the illumination. Just thought it odd that 2 of these units did not illuminate the buttons. Must be a common problem. Anyone else have this issue?