Oh, the humanity.

MaroonRegal

Ok, I've been looking around at CarDomain for about an hour now, and there is some serious ignorance going on. Ok, I love my L36, but it does NOT, by any means put out 280 horses. With serious mods, it would be possible, but there are people at CarDomain who don't even change their own oil, let alone mod their engines, claiming 280hp out of an L36 and 200hp out of an L27 (3800 TPI Series I). I guess the guy who thinks he's got 280 saw someone's L67 and thought that's what he had, and the guys with the L27 are giving L36-ish stats...that's the only guess that implies they did any research at all.

I've seen a naturally aspirated 3800 TPI V-6 put out 200HP+ at the crank. The cylinder heads, upper and lower intake manifolds, and exhaust manifold were sent to Extrude Hone, and it also had a custom grind camshaft. It was done on a '96 Regal GS coupe similar to yours.

Ok, I've been looking around at CarDomain for about an hour now, and there is some serious ignorance going on. Ok, I love my L36, but it does NOT, by any means put out 280 horses. With serious mods, it would be possible, but there are people at CarDomain who don't even change their own oil, let alone mod their engines, claiming 280hp out of an L36 and 200hp out of an L27 (3800 TPI Series I). I guess the guy who thinks he's got 280 saw someone's L67 and thought that's what he had, and the guys with the L27 are giving L36-ish stats...that's the only guess that implies they did any research at all.

I'm not saying the L27 can't put out 200hp, I'm saying it doesn't, when in stock form.

BTW, I don't know if the whole model year got them, but the Series II was introduced in '96, and that's what my GS has. So, it's 205hp at the crank anyway.

Thanks for the info on how to crank more horse out of a 3800.

gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay. needless to say....VERY GAY!

I know what you're saying, I have the L27 so I know what kind of power it puts out.

And your '96 was the only year the Gen1 ever had the 3800 Series II.

I'm not saying the L27 can't put out 200hp, I'm saying it doesn't, when in stock form.

BTW, I don't know if the whole model year got them, but the Series II was introduced in '96, and that's what my GS has. So, it's 205hp at the crank anyway.

Thanks for the info on how to crank more horse out of a 3800.

Maroon Regal, are you sure your engine is rated at 205 ? My 98 Regal (sold) was only rated at 195 hp, 99-up were 200 hp. Does your 96 have the better filter box of 95-96 years ? The box on 97-98 Regals & GP's are v-restrictive. I have always been curious the differences in the Series II Hp ratings in various cars like 195 in 98 Regals,200 in GP's (same year),

205 in Bonnevilles/Lesabre's etc. Do you know why ?

What has he done to my car??? Actually mine is the Dark Garrnet Red not the medium. And as you can see....my steering wheel is quite tasteful. Now I know which way not to go with my interior. I like the wheels though.

Compare on my www site.

Well you cant really call it a ricer since its a domestic but it does look like a big helping of good ol American Uncle Bens rice. Thats what we should say it has the Uncle Ben body package. :lol:

I still don't understand the idea of sticking the exhaust tips 8'' farther out than the rear bumper protrudes :roll: ..does he stand on those while washing the back window or something? :shock:

i think i may very well puke :puke:

that is quite possibly the most repulsive interior i have ever seen. lets see, red, blue (not only is it blue, but its light blue) anf black, mixed with a little gray here and there... yeah,thats awesome baby - i think the seat covers add something like 3000 HP too.

- Justin

i think i may very well puke :puke:

that is quite possibly the most repulsive interior i have ever seen. lets see, red, blue (not only is it blue, but its light blue) anf black, mixed with a little gray here and there... yeah,thats awesome baby - i think the seat covers add something like 3000 HP too.

- Justin

"I still don't understand the idea of sticking the exhaust tips 8'' farther out than the rear bumper protrudes "

Mine ended up as a mistake. My logic at the time was that I wanted them to come as far out as the furthest point of the rear bumper. When you stand beside it, that is exactly where they come to....even with the bumper. Bumper is rounded and my pipes stop at the point even with the center of the bumper. Makes them stick out being that they come out at the ends of the bumper. But! I found it a bit sucky after it was welded. Too late, didn't want to wreck the tips. I'd have had to cut them off, then find a smaller spacer to fit inside the tips pipe and the exhaust pipe, then get it all welded again. Ergo.....I've learned to live with it. Next time, smaller diameter, no resonating material, more inset.

Mine goes over speed bumps no problem though, lots of clearence. I see alot of exhausts so low I wonder that they don't have a roadkill collection up under there.

"I still don't understand the idea of sticking the exhaust tips 8'' farther out than the rear bumper protrudes "

Mine ended up as a mistake. My logic at the time was that I wanted them to come as far out as the furthest point of the rear bumper. When you stand beside it, that is exactly where they come to....even with the bumper. Bumper is rounded and my pipes stop at the point even with the center of the bumper. Makes them stick out being that they come out at the ends of the bumper. But! I found it a bit sucky after it was welded. Too late, didn't want to wreck the tips. I'd have had to cut them off, then find a smaller spacer to fit inside the tips pipe and the exhaust pipe, then get it all welded again. Ergo.....I've learned to live with it. Next time, smaller diameter, no resonating material, more inset.

Mine goes over speed bumps no problem though, lots of clearence. I see alot of exhausts so low I wonder that they don't have a roadkill collection up under there.

no problem, I was mainly referring to the other regal as they look like they're sticking out a great deal farther, I had my old dual outlet slash cut tips sticking about 1-2'' past the exhaust cutouts on my grand prix, now I have them flush w/ the cutouts, I just don't like the way those dual dual ones look on the regal protruding that far, do the regals have a great deal of room for the mufflers at the end, I'm curious as to why you turned your mufflers up like that(looks pretty neat btw)? My parents own a regal and I'm trying to persuade them to put some sort of exhaust on :wink: