Should I look into it?

KingVee

1991 Chevy Lumi Euro coupe

About 117,000 miles and it says it has just been tuned up (synthetic oil, plugs and wires).

Rustproofed and "touched up" every year, A/C still works and brakes were done in 2008.

Pictures shows that the rear suspension is most likely due and I once heard Lumi's that aren't Z34's have really stupid rear suspension to work on.

http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-autos-et-vehicules-autos-1991-Chevrolet-Lumina-Coupe-2-portes-Sport-W0QQAdIdZ175557008#

5665aaf_20.jpeg

Should I look more into it? Negotiate the price maybe? Should I run away?

I know jack shit about Lumi's...

Exactly what he ^^ said... Then he will say no but I will take 900, then you say well I wont go any higher than 800 and he will most likely take the cash, if you have cash... Heres a tip... Before you go look at it, decide how much your willing to spend on it... Check its kbb value, nada value, and edmunds value for a good idea of what its worth... Then when paying in cash, take the amount your willing to spend, and not a dollar more... That way you dont over spend on it.

Pictures shows that the rear suspension is most likely due and I once heard Lumi's that aren't Z34's have really stupid rear suspension to work on.

WTF??? it is no different. As a euro, it should have a rear swaybar and no aux springs, i believe. The only difference between it and a Z34 is the rear swaybar thickness...

IT SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT DEAL.

Offer $600 and go from there

I'm a passive guy, I can't figure out how to go offering him 600$ without sounding like I'm just some low-baller... :lol:

lowball anyhow. worst that could happen is he says no. if so then try halfway.. $800?

and don't forget to take it for a test drive and inspect all trouble spots.

Exactly what he ^^ said... Then he will say no but I will take 900, then you say well I wont go any higher than 800 and he will most likely take the cash, if you have cash... Heres a tip... Before you go look at it, decide how much your willing to spend on it... Check its kbb value, nada value, and edmunds value for a good idea of what its worth... Then when paying in cash, take the amount your willing to spend, and not a dollar more... That way you dont over spend on it.

I can't look for these values because their websites don't have Canadian values in them. And you have to pay to access Canadian values websites...

I got cash, I'm not worried about that. I'm not a good negotiator though... :lol:

Maybe so, but I just looked on KBB and it said to use the american zip code thats closest to you... It will only be a few dollars different... I believe you are north of michigan?? Use a Mich. zip code

WTF??? it is no different. As a euro, it should have a rear swaybar and no aux springs, i believe. The only difference between it and a Z34 is the rear swaybar thickness...

IT SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT DEAL.

Well it tells you how much I know about them... It was my mechanic which said that to my brother (he happens to be his step brother) when a base sedan pulled at his garage. He went like "Have you ever worked on the rear suspension on these things? It's a fucking pain in the ass". Whatever I guess... :lol:

Maybe so, but I just looked on KBB and it said to use the american zip code thats closest to you... It will only be a few dollars different... I believe you are north of michigan?? Use a Mich. zip code

Maximum of 800$ I guess.

I'm sure I'm gonna find some rust, somewhere, you can see the touched up rust (painted over) at the bottom of the doors.

On the body, it seems like there isn't much, but I know I'll have to look under it...

Any sign of rust holes will make the price go down drastically.

I remember I found my Beretta didn't have much on the body, until my mechanic lifted it up and I could put my hand through the frame.

Anyone out here that owned or still own a Lumi can tell me anything particular I should look for?

Just ask him, will you take 600 cash, cash is king.

WRONG!!

Don't say "Will you take 600 cash", that makes you sound weak.

A wise man once told me this. Say this instead:

"I will GIVE you $600 cash"

The little changes make a big difference!

Have you left a message with your name and number?

Yeah, I even sent him emails.

Obviously, it's christmas, but he put the ad on the 23rd and still hasn't contacted me...

The guy contacted me, he said there's nothing to do to the car (even though the car mysteriously is tilted backwards), and that he would take 800$ (down from 900$ after he dropped from $1,000).

I guess it's now up to seeing it to see if it's worth it?