W-Body memorabilia...post what'cha got!

supertrick_05

Here's my little collection...I just got all of these books today in the mail. They are awesome to look at...especially the Grand Prix book by Don Keefe. Lots of cool info and pics!

001.jpg

Let's see what other members have!

No clue how many of the pictures or links still work in these, but we've had several threads like this before that you might be interested in.

http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php/topic,33415.0.html

http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php?topic=64312.0

And a similar type post of mine from the TGP forums(video links no longer work).

http://www.tgpforums.com/index.php/topic,4651.0.html

Far too much stuff to take pics of. I have a ton of brochures, models and NASCAR memorabilia.

True that, and I sold off a good portion of my stuff after I sold the Lumina.

I've got a good number of brochures, a couple of VHS tapes, a 7'x3.5' photo paper poster of a '88 cutty supreme, some badges, etc. I'll get a shrine going when I get my own place.

Far too much stuff to take pics of.

Have brochures from every year made, have brochures on PCS and OSVs. Final 500 Brochures along with the barcoded cards they gave you to look up your picture taken with a Final 500 at autoshows, dealership posters, OSV mousepad, multiple window stickers from junkyard ones, dealership starter kit with VHS, brochure, and major article cut outs... From my high school who saves all magazines- original adds from 98 Car and Driver articles about the Intrigue, first drive tests, competitions against Taurus & Camry...Cassett tapes for dealers to listen to to learn up on it, cd rom from the dealership with ad templates for leases, special financing offers, and fabric posters, a large Oldsmobile flag, white with black rocket logo and lettering, little black 98 Model 1:24 scale.

From my high school who saves all magazines- original adds

haha, I remember I did that in my Photography class in HS. I found a bunch of good old ones, mostly from old National Geographic's.

From my high school who saves all magazines- original adds

haha, I remember I did that in my Photography class in HS. I found a bunch of good old ones, mostly from old National Geographic's.

yeah, both national geographic and Car and Driver had some really good articles - thankfully I went in to detention (the room I found them) that day before they through them away :lol:

Far too much stuff to take pics of. I have a ton of brochures, models and NASCAR memorabilia.

I still have a both of lug nut caps on my Lumina from you!!

I have that same 91 GTP model... complete and un-assembled in the box... although the box for mine has some major water damage rippling going on. Means I got the model for a great price though.

I love the metallic blue color they molded the parts in... it might even be the same color as my Grand Prix 8)

I also have the "Car of the year" model kit... that can be built 2 ways.

Although it was started, screwed up and abandoned when I got it. It looks like most of the pieces are there... enough to build a complete model out of anyway. I just gotta figure out how to strip the old & badly applied paint off several of the pieces before I can start building.

Within the next few weeks I will also have the Don Keefe book, I am looking forward to reading it! I have a copy of the 1994 Pontiac dealer showroom catalog coming in the mail too.

Not really sure if any of this counts as memorabilia or not, but I have the 1994 Grand Prix Factory Service Manual (both volumes)... a copy of the OEM parts catalog on Microfiche... and a Tech-1A :biggrin:

Acetone will take the paint off....wet a paper towel down and rub.

don't do it too hard as it will eat the plastic....if it does, just sand it town w/ 800 grit or so to smooth it back out.

I still have a both of lug nut caps on my Lumina from you!!

:) I'm glad my Lumina could live the good life on through yours

I just gotta figure out how to strip the old & badly applied paint off several of the pieces before I can start building.

Let it soak in brake fluid, that takes most types of paint off. Usually any left over can be scrubbed off with something like a toothbrush. Wash it in soapy water afterwards, and then you're good to prime and paint it again.

Yeesh, acetone will remove the whole model!

Some Non-DOT4 might be worth a try...

But before I look to the garage for the answer, I'm gonna try soaking the pieces in some pine-sol for a few hours... I suspect that will turn the paint to mush without melting the model.

• 1 month later...

I have that same Turbo Gran Prix model car, some magazine articles comparing the Turbo Gran Prix to the Thunderbird and some other memobilia all placed in the truck of the car along with window sticker & all! I haven't had my 89 Turbo GP out of the garage in at least two years now... When I used to drive it, I only took it to shows, thus the low mileage = 7,100!

I'm still having a hard time believing the original tires still look new... no dry rot ~ LOL ~

To the guy trying to remove paint...try Castrol Super Clean degreaser. Comes in a big purple jug. I know it removes chrome plating from the parts, and I'm guessing it would work on paint as well. I've tried it with the chrome parts and it works beautifully!

• 4 years later...
ND620170.jpg

Still got it too. Needs a paint job but meh.. I'll get to it when I get to painting my TV black. :cool:

what IS this ? did you make it yourself?? WANT

LOL Another old post of mine

This is a Nyko I think RC car that is a legit Z34.

Havent seen many of them. idk where mine is atm.

This reply took entirely too long for what it is.

Thanks TOUCH COVER