Bad Sale atempt

LuckoftheGTP

I used to have lots of people asking me "what size V8" is in my '93. Several people have tried to imitate my exhaust sound with other V6's, but don't come close.

that's because the general gave the 660s a decent cam

Except for you know, the pressed on lobes onto a hollow shaft. I've seen perfectly good 3100s bite the dust to those things snapping in half. Not sure if this is true of the 3.1 though.

Except for you know, the pressed on lobes onto a hollow shaft. I've seen perfectly good 3100s bite the dust to those things snapping in half. Not sure if this is true of the 3.1 though.

ok, decent cam profile. the hollow core does suck, you won't hear me refute that.

ok, decent cam profile. the hollow core does suck, you won't hear me refute that.

Yeah, but besides that, this thread has me really missing my 92 because of the whole "does that got a V8 in it," reactions I got from people. I really want to find something to put that 3.1 in that I took out of my 92 before she hit the junkyard. God I miss that car. Got to put her heart into something, but everything I buy to flip and sell has a 3100. One day I'll find something...

nobody really knows WTF my car is. I love it.

Its the best when they are like yo what kind of car is that???? And then the look on their faces when they hear its a lumina...but it sometimes turns to laughter soon after.

Jay and I always joke about how people don't know what his car is, so he just says it's a Beretta GT. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Most people think Z34's are Z24's......or not even luminas.

I just recently had to get my intake manifold gasket replaced and when I called the shop, the manager (Who, I know personally. OH and, by the way, he is a GM guy) was like "Are you sure it's got a 3.4L in it?? Never heard of a Cutlass w/ a 3.4L in it." Had to hang up after I said Yes.

Also get the same from the old guy at Advance Auto parts when he looks my car up as a, WAIT FOR IT........... Ciera.

Me- "No sir, a Cutlass Supreme S model."

Him- "Oh, ok. Olds Cutlass Supreme (No S, mind you). There still is no 3.4L listed. Are you sure that's what you got in there?"

Me- :eek: *drops head on parts counter and then procedes to walk out the door* "YES!!" :willynilly:

TRUE FREAKIN STORY!!!

I have had comments ranging from how "pretty" my car is to "hey, you need to buy a new car". Well, give me the money and I will! Better than the '89 Regal I had years ago that everyone ran away from.

I had a guy once who was admiring my LQ1 Cutlass...he asked me if I had swapped a Taurus SHO engine into the car...

LOL...they don't even LOOK the same.

I just recently had to get my intake manifold gasket replaced and when I called the shop, the manager (Who, I know personally. OH and, by the way, he is a GM guy) was like "Are you sure it's got a 3.4L in it?? Never heard of a Cutlass w/ a 3.4L in it." Had to hang up after I said Yes.

Also get the same from the old guy at Advance Auto parts when he looks my car up as a, WAIT FOR IT........... Ciera.

Me- "No sir, a Cutlass Supreme S model."

Him- "Oh, ok. Olds Cutlass Supreme (No S, mind you). There still is no 3.4L listed. Are you sure that's what you got in there?"

Me- :eek: *drops head on parts counter and then procedes to walk out the door* "YES!!" :willynilly:

TRUE FREAKIN STORY!!!