Misc. Cutlass Questions

sl3196

I got a couple questions for you all. On my '96 cutlass the pass. window does not roll up on the pass. side, works fine on driver's side. I took the door panel off and everything seems to be connected but all it does is roll down not up. Any ideas why? Also is there a bulb behind the headlight switch because mine quit working? Thanks for your help.

im not sure about the window, but behind the headlight switch there is no bulb, when i took my dash panels off there is a big switch and switch housting with a couple connectors leading out of it, i didnt see any bulb though.

im not sure, on mine there is just a little orange dot that lights up in the center of the button, you might have to replace the whole switch, but it shouldnt be too expensive from a junkyard

Does the window go up if you help pull the window up while trying to push window up button? If it does goes up with a little bit of pulling, you might want to check the slider that goes left to right or right to left and make sure it does have a grease on it and slides smoothly.

Does the window go up if you help pull the window up while trying to push window up button? If it does goes up with a little bit of pulling, you might want to check the slider that goes left to right or right to left and make sure it does have a grease on it and slides smoothly.

mine was like that for awhile then stop complty workin sometimes it will do it again

My passenger window acted funny in my'95 Cutlass until it finally quit on my. You have the same interior as mine...'95-'97 are the same. You will need to replace the passenger switch. They shit out which is a common problem. I looked for over a year at junk yards and came up with nothing. So I found both switches on Ebay for $10 on this one auction and fixed my problem :D . Thats my 2 cents! Good luck

w-body.jpg