Power Antenna Mast Replacement

jdeday

Hello all,

I need help with the replacement of my power antenna mast. I ordered the replaced parts from GM. I have followed the directions that where included with it but I'm having difficulty removing the mast. I have removed the nut, activated the antenna but I can't seem to pull the mast out.

When the antenna died it was stuck in the up position.

What am I doing wrong?

Jeff

• 4 years later...

I know this is an old thread but....while studying a replacement mast for my 93 vert...I ran across instructions specifically like above.

as follows

If your Antenna Mast is frozen or doesnt function properly and you can hear your antenna motor running, then the nylon toothed drive cable that operates the extension and retraction of the unit is probably stripped, broken or otherwise jammed or worn out.

Replacing the mast can be as simple as unscrewing the antenna mounting nut on your fender, turning the radio on and pulling your old mast and drive cable out. Next, insert the nylon drive cable from the new mast and have someone turn the radio off while you guide the new mast drive cable into the motor(5-10 Minutes Total Install Time).

In cases where the old nylon drive cable may have broken off, or the Mast is so frozen you cannot extract it with the above method, you will have to remove the antenna motor housing entirely, remove the side access panel and extract the broken piece(s) of the old drive cable (30 minutes - 1 hour)