RomeoZ34

Well, I have been doing some serious thinking, and before I spend 600 bucks on seats, I think I will get a Nitrous system put on my car. Here are a few questions.

1. Are there any differences between Venom, NX, NOS and ZEX Nitrous systems? Any one brand better than the other?

2. Would I need to get larger fuel injectors, or any other type of engine mod for a Nitrous system with a 50-100 shot of Nitrous?

3. Would I need to send Bens 3.4 DOHC chip in to get it reprogrammed, or just remove it completely, or could I keep it on just as it is?

4. Could I install it myself?

5. I have to run 93 octane gas, right?

6. Anything else I'm missing here?

Here are some quick answers to your question:

1. Different brands manufacture different systems so it really depends on what you're looking for.

2. You will have to upgrade your fuel injectors if you're going with anything around 75HP-100HP.

3. A chip can help but isn't absolutely necessary, but be sure to have it programmed to the exact specs.

4. Installation is straight-forward and easy but it also depends on your mechanical background.

5. I've never heard of anyone running regular fuel with their nitrous-equipped vehicles so I'm assuming that you must run premium fuel.

6. Do not use platinum tipped spark plugs and be sure you change your oil quite often, preferrably with synthetic.

Well, I have been doing some serious thinking, and before I spend 600 bucks on seats, I think I will get a Nitrous system put on my car. Here are a few questions.

1. Are there any differences between Venom, NX, NOS and ZEX Nitrous systems? Any one brand better than the other?

2. Would I need to get larger fuel injectors, or any other type of engine mod for a Nitrous system with a 50-100 shot of Nitrous?

3. Would I need to send Bens 3.4 DOHC chip in to get it reprogrammed, or just remove it completely, or could I keep it on just as it is?

6. Anything else I'm missing here?

Yes, because there are two oxygen molecules compared to one nitrogen molecule. It is "NO2" and the "2" is in lower case.

just to be stupid...but isnt Nitrus Oxide NO2, not N2O?

ok, im a geek

jon

Oh, sorry, I forgot that you're a fucking engineering genius and you're the president of this shit. I forgot that you re-engineered the wheel and developed Scotch-Brite.

I forgot that I've only been fucking around with cars for the past 12 years and I've worked on cars with nitrous before so I must have somehow not known that nitrous oxide is N20 rather than N02.

Either way, so I got the shit wrong, at least I know my shit when it comes to cars. Having knowledge on chemistry doesn't do you shit in a W-Body forum.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/nitrous/nitrous_chemistry.shtml

I promise you I am right, so drop it unless you have advice.

Well, ZEX is by far the safest, cheapest, and easiest to install. It's the only one that works by using the TPS(Throttle Position Sensor) as it's input. It has an electronic "brain" and is recommended over the other brands. It will work fine with all our cars because there's only two criteria that your engine has to meet: first, it has to have a vacuum controlled Fuel Pressure Regulator(which ours do), second, a TPS that reads atleast 4.2 volts at WOT(which ours should).

Not necessarily. But ZEX recommends that you change your Spark Plugs to their brand(I forget why).

If you buy the ZEX kit, YES! There are WET and DRY kits, just buy the DRY kit as it's what most people use and is easier and cheaper to install. Should only take you 2-3 hours at the most.

You should!

My friend with a '95 Civic Si has nitrous (which I helped install, so yes I do have experience with nitrous) uses the NOS brand. His set up is a little complicated, though. His nitrous is activated automatically by the throttle position sensor as well, and only kicks in at higher RPM. However, he had to replace his spark plugs and fuel pump as recommended by NOS. He has an automatic "bottle opener" that turns on at a flick of a switch, hidden underneathe the dash. His shots are good for 100HP, and his Civic is hella-fast! It took us less than a day to install the whole thing, the most difficult was installing the high-flow fuel pump. It wasn't really that difficult, it's just that it was messy and it took long. This was about 7 years ago, and his car is still around.

Well, ZEX is by far the safest, cheapest, and easiest to install. It's the only one that works by using the TPS(Throttle Position Sensor) as it's input. It has an electronic "brain" and is recommended over the other brands. It will work fine with all our cars because there's only two criteria that your engine has to meet: first, it has to have a vacuum controlled Fuel Pressure Regulator(which ours do), second, a TPS that reads atleast 4.2 volts at WOT(which ours should).

2. Would I need to get larger fuel injectors, or any other type of engine mod for a Nitrous syste

m with a 50-100 shot of Nitrous?

Not necessarily. But ZEX recommends that you change your Spark Plugs to their brand(I forget why).

If you buy the ZEX kit, YES! There are WET and DRY kits, just buy the DRY kit as it's what most people use and is easier and cheaper to install. Should only take you 2-3 hours at the most.

You should!

you're probably going to want to get Ben to make you a custom chip if he would being that most chips(mass market, not sure about Ben's, but I'm pretty sure it advances spark/ignition settings a bit) advance ignition timing which isn't good for nitrous setups(I have no experience w/ this so I'm just stating what I've read before). Maybe Ben or someone else who knows for sure can shed some light on that particular subject :?:

My buddy has a 93 dodge colt 5speed 1.5L engine runing nos and pulls 12s. he built his nos setup off of ebay haha. only saved himself 20 bucks instead of going to namebrand crap. N E way he had to have a Retarded timing by like 2 degrees fuel system remains the same, the exaust was nothing more then strait pipe, with regular stock intake. IT was wigoriged haha. but still pulled low 12s. He is also not suppose to use nos under 3k rpm or 3.5k rpm.. oilchanges need to be every 1000 miles!!! atleast. ohh and to fill the 10lb bottle 10 times is like 500-750 bucks and at 100 shot. a 10 lb bottle is good for about 5-7 races. so you do that math.

If you ask me you would be better off finacially getting a turbo/or supercharger for your vehicle. and if its the 3.4 with the 4t60e i wouldnt think about it b/c the transmission wouldnt handle the HP with anything more then a 50 shot atleast not for to long.