2 Questions on how to remove stuff...

Bake82

Question 1

Today I was an idiot and not paying attention and scraped my mirror against a wall in the parking garage, so now it has a nice green racing stripe on the mirror. How do I remove it so I can paint it black?? It is a power mirror if that matters.

Question 2

My power antenna is siezed up so I want to take it out to see if I can't soke it in some kind of solution to free it up, and/or eventually replace it with a working one. How do I take out the antenna?

Any help would be appreciated! thanks guys!

Take your door panel off. Behind the mirror there should be a piece of foam. Pull that out and there is 3 nuts holding the mirror on. Unplug the connector and pull it off.

ok, next question, how do I take off the door panel? Detailed answer please as I have never ever done this before. Thanks turby!

as for the power antenna, peel back the carpeting in the trunk right below where the antenna is on the outside and on the inside of the trunk just peel the carpet back and everything is all there, its that easy

as for the power antenna, peel back the carpeting in the trunk right below where the antenna is on the outside and on the inside of the trunk just peel the carpet back and everything is all there, its that easy

ok thanks man, yah i thought thats all i had to do, wasn't sure and was too lazy to look for it myself, thanks!

Guest Anonymous
Take your door panel off. Behind the mirror there should be a piece of foam. Pull that out and there is 3 nuts holding the mirror on. Unplug the connector and pull it off.

ok, next question, how do I take off the door panel? Detailed answer please as I have never ever done this before. Thanks turby!

There will be a couple screws in different spots around the door panel. You'll see them. If your seatbelt goes into the door, pull the little access cover off where the belt goes in and there is a screw in there also. Behind the inside door handle there is a screw. Pull the cover out from behind the handle a there is a 7 mm screw back in there also. After all the screws are out the panel pops off. It's not realy that hard. Hope this helps.

thanks man, hopefully I'll be able to get at it this weekend! i'll let you know how it goes, cuz green on black and white certainly does not go well! :lol: There are no plastic clips I need to watch out for is there?? Thanks for the help guys!