DIC Installation + New Member!

GP1138

Hey all, I've migrated over here from the clubGP forums, I hope you all can help me.

I've got a 1989 Grand Prix LE that you can read about in my post back on ClubGP, the charging system problem I had is pretty much solved, I've got a wholly different issue here.

I found a DIC from an unknown year Olds Cutlass, that I've been looking for a socket for in my GP. I can't find one. What wires do I need to splice and run to get this to work in my GP?

Thanks, and I'm enjoying reading your posts, especially any/all that Hazmatic have been involved in :lol: :lol: No offense. :P

Really not sure. I just wanna get the thing working, it's a nifty looking gadget, might be useful. I just got my driver's side window working again :-D

so that's consoling the fact that I can't find a wiring harness for the DIC anywhere...

AHHH You are the one with the 89 LE on ClubGP.. umm umm ..can't fool me!! :lol:

First of all, you will NOT find the DIC pigtail in your 89. they only had them in SE 's and TGP's.

Your best bet would be to sell the Cutlass DIC to someone on this forum, go out and find you a GP DIC from 89-93.

Then visit this site for more information:

http://pages.prodigy.net/gearhead43/DavesGP/dic.html

It's written for a 90 GP DIC but is basic instructions for 88-93

But But But...! Damn. No way I could nigger-rig it up? My dumb ass fried the courtesy 15A fuse twice :roll: by trying to do that, so maybe it's better I don't. Off to the selling forums I go! Thanks everyone. 8)

But But But...! Damn. No way I could nigger-rig it up?

You could... If you had the money and the time to custom fabricate an enclosure for it . and then research the wiring differences between the 89 and the 94-95-96.

• 4 years later...

But But But...! Damn. No way I could nigger-rig it up? My dumb ass fried the courtesy 15A fuse twice :roll: by trying to do that, so maybe it's better I don't. Off to the selling forums I go! Thanks everyone. 8)

OWNED !!!

Hi John, I'm Chris, welcome to the insanity here!

Thanks Chris!!!!!!!!!

And holy racial slur from five years ago.. No offense meant to our black members. :redface: