The end is near.

Addicted to eaton

Well guys, its time for a post that means a lot to me. As most of you know the Grand prix has been in ICU every night for the past 4 nights, receiving a radiator heater, and getting started every 3 hours to keep warm threw the night. With in the last few weeks she suffered a small heart attack (supercharger belt broke and idler) and two days later she ate her serpentine belt. Very confused after the heart attack is what one would assume. Today I bought her a new serpentine belt, and started filling her up with her favorite juice of all time ant-freeze when I noticed her bleeding,

At 9:43 She was pronounced dead with the green fluid still under her. Its been a great time with you all. Im just not sure whats going to happen, Its time to let go, with 271k miles on the old girl she has had a very long life. Not sure if she will get cremated (parted out) or tucked in storage for a restoration (doubt it). With in a few months will be looking for a 1998 Daytona pace car.

Update: She is not dead, i do not have it in me to let it die Come late January, Early February the tear down begins. I am not going to be in any rush, this can take up to 3 or 4 months!

Project list

Motor:

N/A 3800 bottom end

l67 heads

xp cam

104 autolite plugs

Top swap

pacesetter headers

Ported blower

N* TB

Intercooler (maybe)

roller rockers

3.4 MPS pulley

ported intake (depends on intercooler)

shorter dog bones

Transmission:

I'm going to keep the stock 271k mile transmission in it for now, To see how many miles I can get out of it (id like to hit 300k miles) But have my spare 134k mile transmission rebuilt by a local shop

Body:

SD hood (but probably a stock replacement)

Street scenes grills

Daytona spoiler

Rocker panels

2 door dings fixed.

Paint (maybe a different color but I doubt it)

Front bumper

Front fender (have New one)

Brakes:

cross drilled/slotted rotors

stainless steel lines

new pads and MAYBE dual piston upgrade (doubt it)

Suspension/wheels:

gmpp Sway bar front an rear

RSTB

FSTB

have my KYB gr2’s cleaned up less then 2k miles on them lol!

lowering springs (maybe)

Mustang bullit wheels :)

Interior:

Full black leather swap:

7 inch touch screen fiber glassed in spare dash piece

Laptop computer installed under Driver side seat to run hp tuners, and the touch screen

GPS antenna for the laptop and

04 plus seat swap (maybe)

well i have found the one i want. 1998 gtx with 13k miles.... :D i bid 5k

If you want it that bad, and it has 13k miles, I'd bid closer to 7k for starters.

Where are you located? I might want some parts.

There is 4 days left in the auction.

WHY are you driving up the price 4 DAYS before the auction ends.

Sit down and think about what the maximum amount of money would be that you want to spend to buy that car.

Now go to http://www.auctionsniper.com

Enter a lead time of around 4 seconds.

NOW sit back and relax.

Auction sniper (or any bid sniping service you choose) will bid on your behalf, up to the maximum amount you have entered, just 4 seconds before the auction closes.

This almost eliminates a person from outbidding you (unless of course they have a proxy bid set up higher than your max)

Good luck and happy bidding.

well i called the seller, he will think about accepting 8k from me and ending it early.

he would be foolish to accept $8k for it if it is already at $7k with four days to go, definitely a gamble though...especially with you being the only one that has bid over $5k....that is very rare car being a GTX but damn the decals are hideous...

well i called the seller, he will think about accepting 8k from me and ending it early.

he would be foolish to accept $8k for it if it is already at $7k with four days to go, definitely a gamble though....that is very rare car being a GTX but damn the decals are hideous...

:high5:

The seller did add a footnote the mileage is different and someone retracted their bid as such. Definately depricates the value immensely.

And those decals are horrid.

The seller did add a footnote the mileage is different and someone retracted their bid as such. Definately depricates the value immensely.

That was me, i really don't want the car now.