new gtp or current?

Addicted to eaton

Ok when I start my new job I have some plans. I’m torn between

option 1. Buy a new 1997-2002 GTP 3,000-5,000

Pros: have a nice car,

cons: car payment, Still not the car i want exactly selling/parting with the 1997 POS

option 2. Fixing the one I have 1500-2000

Pros: be money ahead, have a mint car, i have the car exactly as i want it, have a fast car, and pretty

cons: Lots of work, and time needed for it.

I have a lot of motor work done to the car I have now. XP cam, roller rockers (not installed just got) 42# injectors (not installed) 3.4 pulley, Ported Eaton M90, North start TB, xp cam, CAI/HAI. (winter/summer mode) Headers, 104 autolite plugs, new motor mounts, transmission mounts, new struts and springs. new plugs. I also love the car. I would hate to see it go, id rather give the bitch new life and make it live on. Also, I like a project car, I think it would be great to learn on!

Besides spending 3500-5000 on a new gtp I keep thinking what mine would be with that money put into it, And I think I like the idea of putting the money in mine,

Problems include, But not limited to! LOL

-turn signal switch needs to be replaces (have new one)

-drivers side fender needs installed (have new one)

-need to put full black leather interior in the car (it has sea-foam green dash, carpet, headliner, seats, seat belts. Tan door panels, and back panels.(the 1998 gt has a full black leather in mint shape –passenger seat, and air bag.

-needs sunroof (98 gt parts car has this)

-needs horns fixed (low does not work)

-needs hood

-needs front bumper

-new wheels (or have the ones on it powder coated)

-needs tinted windows

-needs paint

-needs supercharger idler pulley

-needs serpentine belt

-needs spoiler, bumper, hood, door, fender, back ¼ panel painted

-also the sun roof drain tube came out of place letting all run off water go in the ¼ panel on the drivers side made the drivers side rocker rust (keep in mid the passenger side, and body is NOT rusted.

after all that I would still have 1500$ left over if say I had 3000k to spend, have a perfect Fast car, that I made that way.

this one needs a lot of work, But I think I would be money ahead, and have more of a car I want?

by the sounds of it you have alot of blood sweat and tears into the car already...if it were me it would be extremely hard to part with and i would just stick that money in tha bish!... it would be a badass car if you did all the things you listed! hell it already is pretty badass :cheers: !...i would definatly get different rims ...just my opinion tho. im not really a fan of x-laces on 2g gp's...i think they belong only on 1g's. but to each his own. I would say find a set of eagles... I know its been done to death but they just look so sexy on 2g's and 1g's also!

im sort of ranting ...dont listen to me lolz. :bonk:

I know how you feel too...the list for my cutty is growing and its sort of overwhelming but i know once all is said and done it will be soooo worth it! :thumb: