Looks like it's the end...

Captain Ficho

For my 1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme International Series...

DSC011001024x768.jpg

Bought it over 3 years ago with 103,000 miles, presently has 180,000 and counting... LQ1 runs like the day I first bought it, 4t60e never been rebuilt but shifts perfectly, has wiring problems up the ying yang and I'm just about fed up with it. It's a shame because it has a full KYB suspension(struts and mounts) as of 30,000 miles ago, Moog ball joints and tie rods ends 10,000 miles ago, new brakes with ceramic pads(front and rear) 5000 miles ago.

And it's a shame because at 180,000 miles the car runs like new, the only thing I've had to change on the LQ1 in 3 years/77,000 miles was an ignition module, o2 sensor, starter and alternator. Not as bad as everyone has it cracked up to be. I ran synthetic the entire time, with the synthetic Fram filters.

Anyways, it's just been one wiring problem after another, at one point it spent a week with my mechanic while he and his son tried to fix the mess that is known as the wiring harness. Lost the turn signals, lost the power to the windshield washer pump, but not the wipers at least! Tried 3 different HVACs, all stop working randomly and just blow hot air. When scanning the ECM, so many wires are broken or rubbing that it's confused as hell as to what's happening. Desired idle is at 000RPM at all times, VSS signal to the ECM is all over the place and nonsensical...

And the list goes on. Either way, going to look at a 98 Aurora today. Might be the replacement.

why not just put a completely "new" wiring harness in?

Winter project probably. I have so much money into it, it isn't worth scrapping or parting because I'll never get it back.

If you want I'll GIVE you a 92 or 93 (same thing) automatic DOHC engine harness, I'll have to dig it out and clean it up some first, and there are a few wires that I need to repair first. Just pay shipping. I might even have a spare computer that I'll let go for cheap as well. PM me if you are interested.

Filip - When the hell did you get a Ty? :eek:

What? I'm right here.

:leaving:

That's a beautiful car, man. I've always liked it. I hope a new wiring harness fixes things. What got the current one so messed up?

Yeah, I picked up this car:

15359_216719193337_574543337_4252653_6356595_n.jpg

15359_216719188337_574543337_4252652_5966265_n.jpg

And Jay! I forgot to tell everyone, I got 92 Typhoon #1805... it was owned by a family friend and I traded the Impala SS for it, got a good deal. It has a performance engine rebuild and suspension build, just needed paint so it's at the body shop having that done.

having ridden in that car... it had no rockers left from rust. sad to see it go.

wait... I want the seats!

I welded in new rockers actually then asphalt undercoated the whole car, there isnt any rust left.