Tony's latest eBay score: Kent-Moore W-Body ball joint press!!!PICS!!!

5speedz34

I've been looking for one of these for years!!!! It's basically brand new! Makes removing ball joints so much easier, anyways onto the pics. I did have to go to the post office to pick it up since my carrier sucks. Shipped here for $47.00 retails for over $100.

width=1280 height=960http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/5speedz34/Kent-Moore%20J-35917/J-35917_1.jpg[/img]

width=768 height=1024http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/5speedz34/Kent-Moore%20J-35917/J-35917_2.jpg[/img]

width=1280 height=959http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/5speedz34/Kent-Moore%20J-35917/J-35917_3.jpg[/img]

At the bottom of the stud there is a little ball point that sits right onto the bottom of the ball joint.

You suck, but good find! I've yet to need one but I'm sure at some point I will.

All the balljoints are good on my W but I figure at some point I could use it. Especially, since you can reuse balljoints after using this tool.

^^^^ that is my "w-body suspension tool" as well. perfect for tie rod ends, balljoints, strut bolts. and anything else that just happens to get in my way.

If you pull the boot up with a screwdriver and slide a pickle fork in between the boot and the control arm, you can split them without damaging them.

A couple good whacks with a 32oz ballpein is all it takes.

I dunno about ya but my man-o-hammer and prybar seperates balljoints great and doesnt damage boots.

Of course when i dont care about balljoint boot damage, air hammer and picklefork attachment makes quick work.

pry bar in one hand putting pressure down on the control arm and a RBFH usually gets the job done. Or my other method is using two hammers and hitting where the ball joint stud goes into, and sandwich hitting it will do it as well.

I have an aftermarket version of this for about 1/3 cost, but yeah, makes life easier.

Does it fit as well? Is it made to be put on an impact?

It's more of a universal fit, but yes, an impact will fit on it.

Cool, I have one of those too, it sure makes things a LOT easier! I bought mine on eBay, don't remember how much I paid though. I have the Kent-Moore rear leaf compressor too.