1st gen W wearing 2nd gen W wheels

bluegp

I'm thinking they should work fine. Same bolt pattern. And if you go to discounttiredirect and punch up a 91 or 98, they come up the same, a 35-38mm offset on a 115mm bolt circle..

Only thing that could possibly be an issue is the center bore....

My sister in law has a GT with those wheels. Maybe I should just try them...

the guy on ebay(first post up top^^^^) said he "had a shop do it for him, they used spacers, he doesn't know what else"...I'm sure they had to use longer/stronger studs also because spacers to run those wheels are going to be pretty big(actually deemed "unsafe" by most)

EDIT: hit enter too quickly, he only had to use spacers on the front(to clear the calipers obviously)...I believe he said he doesn't think anything was done to the rear of the car to make them work properly.

one set im thinking about are the chrome Grand AM gt wheels that are 5 spoke and kinda look like fan blades. anyone know if those would even come close to fitting???

If you mean these,

6533.JPG

they are 16"X6.5" with a 115mm bolt circle. The Grand Am (& Alero) got the bigger bolt circle when it was redesigned in '99. I really like those rims too and have wondered about them.