An "Intriguing" mirror question

5speedz34

I grabbed a Intrigue GLS mirror from a '99 at Parts Galore yesterday. Now everything I have seen and read is saying it won't display temperature, but I see that the display has provisions for Fahrenheit and Celsius. Is there anyway to wire this up to work?

I also looked to see what model mirror this was, I know on the back it says something like "GNTX-208" and I noticed it was strikingly similar to this model.

http://www.autoanything.com/mirrors/61A2075A0A0.aspx

Although the display does look slightly different maybe the installation guide or a wiring diagram could help?

This review especially Intrigued me:

"This is the mirror to get if you have a '98 Sebring LXi! It connects to the stock cable/plug no problem. You just have to run the temp probe if you want the temp, otherwise it's fantastic! MUCH less expensive than OEM replacement mirror ($535 to $585 for Chrysler replacement)"

If this is correct then getting a Sebring LXi mirror is the mirror to get. Although from the image that website shows it looks like its the LED map lights and I'm pretty sure Intrigues where some of the first cars to get that feature.

Further Intriguing

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10506&highlight=gentex+k31

Very similar....maybe it's just a wiring issue, or maybe I need the harness from Gentex? Any thoughts/opinions would be great!

Don't these Intrigue mirrors run off of the BCM?

I remember someone posting that they have a constant power draw that will result in a dead battery in the car it is swapped into....

I remember someone posting that they have a constant power draw that will result in a dead battery in the car it is swapped into....

Supposedly, but no true evidence has been shown. I'm not worried about that anyways.

How will this helped me at all??? It's not the same mirror, nor does it answer any of my questions.

Supposedly, but no true evidence has been shown. I'm not worried about that anyways.

If it's the same mirror I have, then yeah, they do drain power.

http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php?topic=33682.msg404093#msg404093

Does this mirror actually have the square display with the 2nd row of digits on the bottom? If not, there's no way to get it to display temp. Mine only has a single row for the direction.

Almost all electronics with a segmented VFD or LCD have small indicators or icons that aren't used. Most of the time it's because the manufacturer has multiple models and use the same display.