looking for a new car, help me out

GPdriver1986

For my next car I'm looking for something thats fully loaded, preferebly with a 5 speed(I really want to learn how to drive standard, I'm european!) , newer than 1990.

I have a few favorites:

-1991-2004 Chev Cavalier Z24 (convertible or coupe)

-1991-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

-1992-1997 Pontiac Grand AM GT (sedan or coupe)

(did the 5 speed exist with the 3.3?)

-1990-1996 Chev Beretta

-1991-1994 Chev Lumina (loaded coupe with 3.1)

-1995-2004 Pontiac Sunfire GT

-1990-1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme (coupe 3.1 5 speed)

-1992-199? Oldsmobile Achieve (5 speed)

So the following engines are used in these cars: 2.2 ECO (Ilove this engine),2.3,2.4,3.1,3100,3.3,3.8.

Any comments about these cars and anything I should watch out for?

The only engine I would tell you to stay away from would be the Quad 4s. I seen you had it listed on the engines. As far as the cars go get ya another Wbody. Sunbirds and Berrettas are ok but I would have to stick with wbody platform they have more room under the hood to play with. :D

Yes I know that the Quad 4 is a terrible engine but some people had luck with this engine and managed to get 200k miles out of it with no major problems. check out carsurvey.org for more. I was thinking which Quad is better SOHC or DOHC? and was there such thing as a 5 speed grand am with the 3100 engine?

I know cavys and sunfires are girl cars but if they are look better modified. I found a wrecked 2 door 2001 Z24 with 30k km it needs headlights,hood,and fender, he wants 5000$ for it.

I personally like the GTPs...the L67 ones anyway...I doubt if they were available with a 5speed, but i wouldn't know. The other GTPs (3.4L LQ1) are also awesome cars and those were available stick....but they were a little bit more rare. Plus its an LQ1 which means lots of work..i think..