I have an opportunity for the 95 GTP, 93 DOHC motor with 5 speed wiring $150

Octavarium454

Well I had torn the motor and trans out of my 95 GTP in the prospects of performing an L67 swap, but then I used the motor to fix a 97 GTP. Anyways, the guy who bought the top half of the blown motor in that car said he had a 93 3.4 DOHC motor with a 5 speed engine harness. Now, this works out great for me as the original harness in the 95 GTP was cut to shreds by the serpentine belt as it was routed wrong (I had low oil all the time and low oil pressure all the time according to the dash, then the dash itself kept shorting out). Now, I have a couple questions involving this harness and a manual transmission swap.

If I am right that harness would be OBD I, and the 95 is OBD 1.5. Would there be an issue if I just connected the harness into the firewall or am I going to have to re-pin it (the motor was out of a Grand Prix).

What would I need to get from a donor car to make it a manual? I know I need the clutch pedal assembly, center console, shifter linkage, but beyond that, I have no idea)

Where the hell am I going to get a transmission?! The 284 is something I'm probably not going to find, however, I have a couple Getrag 282s sitting around that came out of cavaliers.

If I decide I would rather just keep the automatic, what differences in wiring would be present? The section of the engine harness that connects to the automatic transmission I still have, so would I just plug it right into the new harness?

If you want to keep it automatic, You can buy my Auto tranny and my Auto wiring harness out of my 93 GP for $300 and drop it all in and youll be good to go... I cant confirm if you would have to re pin the firewall or not tho

a 282 from a cavalier(V6 only, 4 cylinders got some isuzu junk) will bolt to the bellhousing, but the frame mounts are different. if you can adapt that, i see no reason why you couldn't do it. may need to look into the axles and the jackshaft though. if you need wiring diagrams, post up what you want and i'll get them on here.

It depends on what direction you want to go, really.

If you are using a 93' motor it won't have the cam sensor or the second crank sensor, so unless you are willing to swap the timing cover and front cam carrier over, going back to OBD1 may be the best bet. you will probably have to repin the C100 somewhat to make it work in the newer car.

as for what all you need to get to transfer to manual, do a search, it has been covered extensively.

It depends on what direction you want to go, really.

If you are using a 93' motor it won't have the cam sensor or the second crank sensor, so unless you are willing to swap the timing cover and front cam carrier over, going back to OBD1 may be the best bet. you will probably have to repin the C100 somewhat to make it work in the newer car.

as for what all you need to get to transfer to manual, do a search, it has been covered extensively.

Going back to OBD I would not hurt my feelings one bit. However, I can't stand to see the GTP just sitting any fucking longer, and I got a 95 motor and trans sitting in back. I still got the original harness, and could just spend a study hall in school re-connecting all the wires. I don't know, all I know is I want my GTP back.