92 Regal odometer

2regals

I recently purchased a 1992 Regal custom coupe with the digital speedometer, and the odometer seems to work every now and then but rarely. Does anyone wknow the cause and solution to this problem? Thanks

they had digital speedos as late as 92? Is it the full version that has a tach and everything? (sadly I think it isn't...)

I would say most likely the cluster has a bad solder joint...

Well I dunno about the later ones, but the digital dash on an '89 Regal GS I owned several years back was wonderful. Worked flawlessly for 2 or 3 years before I scrapped the car. Paid $600 for it - spent about $2500 on it and scrapped it for $150...bad deal. The dash was completely digital except for oil press and temp. But I can imagine a lot don't share my experience.

mine was a 1 digital gauge wonder and it worked FLAWLESSLY! Then again, when chris and I converted to UB3, we found out it was rebuilt.

I still have that thing sitting around actually.

I've never seen a digital dash in a Regal work properly. Ever. Not that vintage anyways.

The base dashes were crap, but the full UB3 ones were flawless. I have yet to see one that has ever failed.

I've never seen a digital dash in a Regal work properly. Ever. Not that vintage anyways.

The base dashes were crap, but the full UB3 ones were flawless. I have yet to see one that has ever failed.

Yeah, I didn't mean a UB3 one. I've actually never seen one in a Buick in person.

Converting mine to UB3 looks to be a bitch. But if I could find a cluster, and a adapter or an easy explanation as to how to do it on a Regal I would be soooooo down to do it.

it's pretty much hit or miss. If you can, grab the WHOLE wiring harness for it. If not, you're just stripping wires and touching things till either they work, or it goes pop. (killed one regal UB3 that way)

Also, My regal UB3 IS on the berge of failing. You have to smack it every once in while when the speedo stops working, and the gauge reads 0 under a 1/4 tank. Stupid stuff.

I forget who, but someone was making a harness that would make the UB3 cluster plug-n-play with his harness adapter. not sure if he is still around here or if he makes the harness anymore though.