Hello Guys!! I need help. kind of long read -beware-

alphagtp

Hello, as some of you might know, I had my car resting for a while, trying to get the money to fix it. Now life takes me another way and I think I might need to fix it sooner aka 'now'; I wrecked my Jimmy last saturday and it was totalled by the insurance, I'm only getting like $2k back from them and I need a car bad. One of my options was to just go out and get a car from the stealership and use the 2k for a down payment. But I was thinking about it a little bit more and another option would be to fix up my car, I was thinking of putting a l67 in it with the whole nine yards, even just a plain 3.4 would be good for me, the bottom line is that I would have a total of $2,000 to mess with, the car needs a tranny and engine, I'm thinkng about having a shop do all the work since I need it done as fast as posible. I need it as a daily driver that would be dependable and need to get it up and running asap, what do you guys think I should do?? :confused:

Thanks in advance,

Jorge.

Honestly, if you want to DD the GP just get a stock sized motor and tranny installed. I'm sure it can be done for under $1k. I'd stay way from the L67 if you are going to have a shop do the work. I know that you could find someone to do the work but a lot of times some messing around needs done with it before it'll run and that's where you will pay out the butt. I think many people have the dream of a L67 but few obtain it.

If you can, go buy something with the $2k and fix the GP as the money comes in.

A L67 swap at a shop would be crazy expensive. And i doubt most mechanics would do it. Even a new tranny and engine installed around here would be over $2k. Just get a cheap DD with the money and keep the GP on the side untill you can work on it.