Electrical Issues on a 98 monte?

98layinframe

Dont these cars normally have a BCM that keeps the radio on after you turn the ignition off until you open the doors? Dont the interior lights normally come on after ya turn the engine off and pull the key out? My car when ya turn the engine off.. bamn everythings off, lights only come on after the doors are opened.

Im just wondering if the previous owner modified something, he must of played around with a few things, both front seats the fold forward lever doesn't work, so both seats wont lock up right, and ya dont have to put your foot on the brake pedal to shift from park like normal. Hopefully someone has some insight into these issues.

The electrical things you mentioned are normal.. These cars don't have RAP (retained accessory power) from the factory (until the rather recent years), and the lights aren't supposed to come on until you open the door...

The shifting from park sounds like it could be an issue with the shift interlock, although I thought that usually prevented the car from being able to be shifted at all..

really?!? thats gay. Had a 96 Bonneville, and a 96 grand prix.. they both had the lights an radio that would stay on, interior lights would stay on for a little while after ya closed the doors... hell the dome lights would even fad off and on. My 98 s10 and 98 Sonoma.. all have similar light and radio controls. It just seems weird to me that this thing doesnt... thats all.

really?!? thats gay. Had a 96 Bonneville, and a 96 grand prix.. they both had the lights an radio that would stay on, interior lights would stay on for a little while after ya closed the doors... hell the dome lights would even fad off and on. My 98 s10 and 98 Sonoma.. all have similar light and radio controls. It just seems weird to me that this thing doesnt... thats all.

The dome light should fade off after you close the doors... I forget what the name of the feature is, but it should do that... They just shouldn't come on after you shut the key off before you open the door...

it's refered to as "opera lighting" or "theatre lighting", something like that. it's in the brochure, but the 95 LS got it, i would be amazed if the 98 didn't...

for me, the driver's door will NOT trigger the dome light, but the passenger does. opening the door with the key in the ignition on the other hand, it will cause the chime, so the switch is working, just how the factory set it up.

also: if i roll the key forward while the lights are fading, they instantly go out. i've never seen it any other way and assume it to be normal.

it's refered to as "opera lighting" or "theatre lighting", something like that. it's in the brochure, but the 95 LS got it, i would be amazed if the 98 didn't...

for me, the driver's door will NOT trigger the dome light, but the passenger does. opening the door with the key in the ignition on the other hand, it will cause the chime, so the switch is working, just how the factory set it up.

also: if i roll the key forward while the lights are fading, they instantly go out. i've never seen it any other way and assume it to be normal.

That's how mine work, except the drivers door triggers the dome light on mine...

The seats are only locked via an inertia lock when you stop suddenly or in the event of a collision. Not sure why they have the rear entry levers.

As far as the lighting and such goes, No RAP like someone mentioned, and ya, should have the "theater dimming" lighting when you close the door.