Electrical problemo. HELP!!

99screaminregal

Okay, just did my oil pan and gasket (took me long enough, 8 days and not alot of knowledge and time to do so), and did something bad/ dumb (hey it was late, late night get off me when ya hear it :lol:). I had a massive brainfart and hooked my starter up wrong. Connected the battery and of course sparks flew and the starter kicked on. Reversed my mistake and no power whatsoever. Dead, don't light up, nuttin'.

Went to the Zone and asked a guy I knew was very knowledgable what could be wrong. He says "GM used the fuel pump relay on some early models to link w/ the ECM. Change it out and maybe it'll do the job and check the fuseable links" Changed the relay and still nothing, looked at the links and fuses and nothing fried there.

Don't know what else to look at, maybe the computer???

The ones at the starter or the ones in the fuse panel? The fuse panel box styles looked unharmed. metal still shiny and no burn marks. The ones labeled at the starter didn't look burnt at all. One of the posts on the relay looked fried though which lead me to think that was the prob after what the guy at Zone said.

you know the fusible link is just a piece of wire(looks double hemmed or something) near the starter there is really know way of being able to tell that it is fried unless you tear of the coating around it and it looks messed up. otherwise you may have blown the solenoid.(maybe not sure) in the fuse block those are just fuses not fusible links.

Yeah I know what those look like. I'm talking the main fuse that tuner is talking about. Can't fimd that one in any of the fuse boxes. Would that be near the comp.?