how much would you guys pay for..

douellette

considering selling my car. and im wondering what i could get for it. its a 97 cutlass supreme 2dr. it has about 160k miles, new gas tank, just did the lower intake manifold gasket, has the upgraded 56mm throttle body from WOT.com, complete exhaust manifold back 2 1/4" exhaust with high flow cat and flowmaster muffler, new transmission fluid, warm air intake, front brake calipers painted, and the car has pretty much no rust. what could i get for it? thanks

considering selling my car. and im wondering what i could get for it. its a 97 cutlass supreme 2dr. it has about 160k miles, new gas tank, just did the lower intake manifold gasket, has the upgraded 56mm throttle body from WOT.com, complete exhaust manifold back 2 1/4" exhaust with high flow cat and flowmaster muffler, new transmission fluid, warm air intake, front brake calipers painted, and the car has pretty much no rust. what could i get for it? thanks

I believe your car to be more valuable than my Grand Prix, but just a tad. My Grand Prix is a 1995 with 146K miles, a little rust, but still much of it's natural beauty. Car has most of the work that your's does in terms of functionality, new gas tank, new LIM gasket, Cat back in 6 months old. Reconditioned rims, CS leather seats. It's worth $900 on a good day (Canadian). Therefore I'd rate your car a $1000-$1300, maybe a little more pics might be necessary, pics would also help. Depends what the market will carry for the thing.

$1000

jeese, thats it? i was expecting like $1700

With that many miles, and even with those mechanical additions, people will lowball you all day on these cars. What interior options does it have? You never listed that. Pics? If you want people to take you seriously, you can't spare details.

It's all based on your location, and the condition of other cars like it in the area. If the average cutlass of that age is beat, and generally in poor condition, then it will pull down the value of your car, regardless of what kind of shape it is in. Some locations, they may only be worth 1000 on a good day, where as in other locations, the same car could bring you close to 2000. I somehow managed to get $2500 for my 92 cutlass international coupe last year, and it was far from perfect. If you aren't in a rush, there is nothing stopping you from asking a higher price, and making sure the car is nice and clean. You may find someone willing to pay your price, even if it is high.

I put my car up for sale a few weeks ago for $1200 and the best offer I could get was 900, so yes ppl will low ball the hell out of you on the car no matter the condition or miles really.

Maintenance and replacement stuff (gaskets, exhaust, fluids, filters, etc...) add absolutely no value to a car. To 90% of the people out there, performance parts means that the car has been beat on.

With that many miles, even if it is truly rust free, I'd give no more than $1600 for it.

Here there is a huge market for low-end used cars. I saw one a lot like yours for 1200 and figured it would go for closer to 1000.

Sometimes having the GM badge isn't a good thing. If I ripped off all my decals and replaced them with Volvo stuff, I could sell my aging Regal for twice what it's worth. :willynilly: It would still be a POS, but now it would be a Swedish POS loved by aging hippies and yuppies alike.

I sold a 93 Cutlass Supreme with the 3.1 for 1500 dollars a couple months ago. It had a bad blinker switch, and the front end was missing a bunch of paint on the plastic which I just threw some random black paint on it to cover it up (from far away it looked normal, but you get within 10 feet and you would know something was up, but most people are idiots when it comes to that stuff, and if it is all one color they don't care). Go for 1800 and take any offer of 1400 or more. I sell random cars on a weekly basis that I fix up and any running W-body that is a 95 or newer without major body damage and no mechanical problems can sell easily for 1500 or more.

Well i'm selling my 93 grand prix to someone and i'm getting almost $3k out of it, mine's very clean and a good runner. I am REALLY gonna miss it but it has to be done before it has no value, or something happens to it... :(