Now I just need the rest...

logikf1ve

Picking this L67 top swap up makes me wish I still had my '98 Lumina LTZ with the 3800. :willynilly: :willynilly:

photo-11.jpg

Heads from the L67.. I only took a pic of one since I forgot and already had the other wrapped in plastic and put in storage

photo-10.jpg

I wanted to take the whole engine but A) I have nowhere to put it, and B) I won't buy a car that needs an engine...

I got everything shown here for an unbeatable price which is why I bought it.. Until I find a car (GPGT hopefully) to swap it in I have everything wrapped in plastic and stored in a dry place in my basement. :lol: :biggrin:

Here is what I have, can anyone tell me if there is anything else I NEED to get?

L67 S/C

MAF Sensor

Lower Intake Manifold

Heads

Pushrods/Rockers

Forward Tensioner (Under Coilpack)

Fuel Rails w/ Injectors

There was a tensioner near the crank pulley that I did not pull off (PITA on the car I took this off of) and the crank pulley (the two belt pulley) Should I pick those up if I can get them off (I know I'll fight with them) or can they be purchased through GM or elsewhere? Price?

Anyway, here is what I wish I still had to install this on.. :willynilly:

IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

That will be the sweetest lumina ever!

It would if I still had it. :(

Dave, I would offer it but I'm a pack rat and I <3 forced induction. :lol:

Didn't ready carefully enough.

Edit: That would of been the sweetest lumina ever!

I am giving away a free L36!

out of curiousity more so then anything else, what was wrong with that engine, other then high mileage?? It has been so long, I do not remember...

It sat uncovered next to Rob's Dad's garage......overall just a piece.

Do you really know what you are talking about, Tony?

It is in that 98' intrigue rob/chris bought forever ago, is still covered by the hood of the car, and has around 250,000 miles on it, ran when the car was last run which was like 2 years ago now.

Nice grab on the parts.

Someone should make a comprehensive list of everything needed to top swap a L36 car.

My Mom's got a 98 Monte Z34 that I eventually will pick up for cheap when they decide to get rid of it, and a top swap would make it a fun winter beater.

Do you really know what you are talking about, Tony?

It is in that 98' intrigue rob/chris bought forever ago, is still covered by the hood of the car, and has around 250,000 miles on it, ran when the car was last run which was like 2 years ago now.

Ya the roach..........last I remember it was sitting next to the barn.....

I am giving away a free L36!

Would that bolt up to a 4T80E?? :lol:

Sure would I believe!! I can't remember what needs to be done, if anything. A guy local here did that to his Riv.