phantomFE3

im getting my brothers truck for winter, when the snow flies hes bringing it back to bemidji, its a 1992 GMC Sonoma, its got the 4.3 v6, 4 wheel drive, extended cab, i like it. it will be good in the winter because it is 4 wheel drive and i can go get stuck with my friends and they have trucks and that will be fun, but i want to keep it for summer because it makes hella long burnouts and its faster than alot of other cars in my school. i told my dad that i wanted a truck, and he said ill be getting one in about 2 month when the snow flies, aparently he had planned on taking my bros truck during the winter. but i want a bigger truck, i was looking at my cousins bronco, one of those big sons of bitches, but its got a leaking rear seal and so to fix that i would have to drop the tranny and rebuild the clutch and resurface the flywheel and everything. i think it would be interesting to do, but i would need a vehicle to drive and i cant have more than 1. the bronco i was looking at was an older one, late 70's early 80's and it had a 302, manual tranny and 33 inch tires. he wants like 700 bucks for it and its rusted in some spots, i could easily buy it but i wouldnt be able to perform the work on it that it needs. so untill i can save up to get a big truck ill be driving my phantom and my brothers little sonoma in a while. but im still trying to sell my phantom and im looking for other trucks out there for cheap, i dont need anything fancy, just some big ass ugly thing where my gf has to step to get in it

depends... prolly like 1500, thats what i was asking before, but now i fixed a whole bunch of shit, the stuff that didnt work before and now works:

the digital dash works

cruise control works

AC works but needs recharge (the compressor turns on and everything and blows semi-cool air, but by no mean freezing cold)

i JUST put new brakes on the front, and by just i mean like on saturday (replaced the front rotors with brand new ones and put on brand new semi-metallic pads) i have the reciept for all the brake components, i have 2 brand new brake lines in the box as well just didnt put them on because i didnt need them

hmm lets see... i polished the front rims and im polishing the back ones next weekend.

ive put alot of time and money into the car, ill have to get recent pics of it soon, it also comes with 2 rear bucket seats too for whoever buys the car (tan leather, near perfect condition) if there are any more questions just ask, oh and there is a stock airbox coming in the mail, but the cold air intake thats installed now will be included as well

angled die grinder, first with a sanding pad (i dont know what grit) and then with a courser brillo-like pad (like a brillo pad, or scotchbrite pad except firmer) and then with a medium brillo-like pad. i got in the corners/edges of the rim and used a wire wheel and simple green as a lubricant (to prevent marring) and then polished the outer part of the rim with the die grinder (i think it was a die grinder, whatever it was it spun hella fast) and then when i was all done i sprayed clear coat on it. if i can find my digital camera ill take some pics, but thats how i polished the rims. lol you thought i mean polish by like rubbing some wax on or something, didnt you? lol

I've got a 79 Ramcharger. They're fun to drive. I plow snow with it during the winter...and off-road with it during the summer. She's getting kinda rusted out though :oops: Too rusted out to take the convertible top off :cry:

lol, i dont really care about rust really.. just as long as its not TOO much of a problem. the bronco that i was gonna get was all rusty too, just around the fenders and places like that. i kinda had my heart set on it, i was thinking about it all day, big huge tires, mean rumble, manual tranny. ive barely ever driven any manual trannies and i want to have a car where i can drive it around alot, practice shifting and what not

im gonna be geetin a ford f-150 harleyt davidson ediotn mainly for the v-8 triton superchraged but i rather have a superchraged v8 trition 2004 f-150 or even a supercahregd 2003 so i can do my own rims n body kit

Oh, I really would like to see what the look like now. Mine need to be striped, and re cleared...but I dont have the time. I have a few curb marks, and would just like to buy another set of wheels.

I actually polished part of the clear off being an idiot and using alum polish...not thinking of the clear. oh well. Maybe one day, I can strip these, or polish them down....i dont know.

Let me see some pics of them though

jon

hmm... i think its plasti-kote? i dunno, the cheapest can at walmart

That may be a BIG mistake. Been there done that, brake dust will now stick onto your wheels unless you use compound or harsh chamicals like Castrol super clean