Leaking from the cowl...

jeremy

...I have read quite a few threads on hear about leaking coming from the cowl but I haven't found any pics that show the problem area or how to fix this. Does anyone have any more info/pics on this problem and it's fix?

thanks

Sounds like a heater core!

damn you are good!!! I must have one bad ass heater core that only leaks during heavy rains. I never posted what my issue is/was :lol: .....seriously though, does anyone have any more detailed info on the cowl leak.

When it rains, my car leaks just like 99% of convertibles out there. However, when it rains really hard the water gathers on the rear floors behind each seat which appear to be the lowest part of the car interior. There is no signs of the water running down any panels and leaking from the weatherstripping doesn't appear to be anywhere near sufficient to be where the water comes from so I am trying to figure out where it originates from.

Logan will be able to skate inside the car this winter.

I found my old vert leaked where the top seals on the top of the windows, and it would fill up the rear floor pans.

Logan will be able to skate inside the car this winter.

I found my old vert leaked where the top seals on the top of the windows, and it would fill up the rear floor pans.

I immediately busted out the wet vac when I noticed...I will definitely double check and soften up the window seals to see if it helps any....

if i were you i'd pull up the carpet and seal the floor real well with paint or POR-15.

definitely on my list of things to do....the floor is still very solid and it good shape....I need it to stay that way :)

My car leaks to and flood out the rear floor boards, I asked the shop that install my windshield and he said It shouldn't

leak anymore.

I guess there was some rust on the passenger side under the windshield there he said he ground it all down replaced it

and then sealed it all up.

I was the guy at the dealership who got to fix most of the water leaks when I worked there. If you aren't seeing water leak in, take of the trim panels around the windows and look. Have a someone spray water on the car while you are inside. Look for water coming in. That is half the battle, then you have to fix it. It could be worn weatherstrips, something misaligned, a window that has lost seal, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

I saw a site that showed where it's coming from but the server is busy now ... :confused:http://www.grandprixforums.net/ the reason I looked is because I went and had the oil/filter changed in the GTP (I know, I know no time and it was raining) but the JiffyLube guy said your Cabin Filter is gone? I said it has one ? he said Yeah ... Ok put one in ? He took the cowl around the wipers off and popped one in ... Anyway the site I saw said it was a 2 foot long piece of rubber piece that comes loose and leaks water in the floor thru the blower. OK ... Back to the the cabin filter I now have one .. :rolleyes:

Weird ...

Mark

I saw a site that showed where it's coming from but the server is busy now ... :confused:http://www.grandprixforums.net/ the reason I looked is because I went and had the oil/filter changed in the GTP (I know, I know no time and it was raining) but the JiffyLube guy said your Cabin Filter is gone? I said it has one ? he said Yeah ... Ok put one in ? He took the cowl around the wipers off and popped one in ... Anyway the site I saw said it was a 2 foot long piece of rubber piece that comes loose and leaks water in the floor thru the blower. OK ... Back to the the cabin filter I now have one .. :rolleyes:

Weird ...

Mark

2nd Gen GP's had provisions for the Cabin Filter but never had one in place.