ABS light on. No turn signals or brake lights..

vdaily89

Took the car to Big-O to have a screw taken out of front -driver side tire and fixed. When I left and was driving down the road I noticed the anti-lock(ABS) light was on the dash. I have no turn signals or brake lights. I pulled the fuse and relay from the box under the hood and both seem to be okay. Fuse isn't broken and I am honestly not sure how to tell if the relay is o.k.

Could the guy at Big-O have hit something to cause this or do I have another problem??

Thanks,

Vince

this may or may not have anythng to do with your car but that happened to me before too a lot with my cutlass, i couldn't figure it out for my life. i would have never thought it was from my lower intake manifold leaky gasket. it was causing a change in vacuum lines and stuff, and coming to a stop the rpm would take a quick dip and then the abs light came on but nothing else was wrong. after me and my bro fixed the gasket no more abs light coming on, funny that was the only light coming on from a busted intake manifold gasket

The rpm's are fine and it runs/idles fine. This is the first time this has happened and it came out of the blue. Just kind of odd that it came on after they took the wheel off to fix the flat.

Check your fuses in your glove box. Had the same problem. Also, get new bulbs for the rear of the car and clean the connections that are on the car itself. After I did that, and replaced a 2 fueses, works great!

Thanks guys. Isn't there a wheel sensor down by the front brakes? Could the guy have knocked it loose and caused this? I am just thinking it is no coincidence that this happened when I pulled it out after they messed with it. I will check the fuses again.

Thanks,

Vince

Got it working, but not for sure how. I cleaned the wheel sensors but that didn't seem to help. Then I started pulling fuses and checking them. None were blown but I messed with the wires going to the fuse box on the drivers side under the hood. Then it seemed to work. Not for sure what I did but it's working now.