Need Wiring Diagrams ASAP!!

BXX

Damn, cant find the C100 firewall connector diagrams on Mitchell..

Soo, I need the C100 connector diagram for the engine harness for these 2 vehicles..

97 Cutlass Supreme 3100 4t60e

95 Cutlass Supreme 3100 4t60e

What im doing should be obvious :lol: I wanna do this tomorrow but I need to know how to repin the C100 connector!

Sweet, this should be a simple swap!!

Hell, I dont even think I have to re-pin the DLC connector.. I will double check after I go over the C100 diagrams to see where and what I have to move around...

Hell, I dont even think I have to re-pin the DLC connector.. I will double check after I go over the C100 diagrams to see where and what I have to move around...

ALDL vs DLC???? they are different.... square vs trapazoid, plus the OBD II has power at the ALDL.

What I would do is wire in the OBD II plug in an alternate location such as on the driver's said opening of the dash, so you only get access by popping the cover plate off.

ALDL vs DLC???? they are different.... square vs trapazoid, plus the OBD II has power at the ALDL.

What I would do is wire in the OBD II plug in an alternate location such as on the driver's said opening of the dash, so you only get access by popping the cover plate off.

Sorry, I use DLC generically for the Data Link Connector :lol:

Its an OBD2 style port.. I wish I had a 2nd one to splice into it and put it in a location elsewhere that is hidden so I can hook up my tuner interface so the cable isnt all over my legs..

I cant move the existing DLC.. I will not be able to pass echeck!! A moved DLC is considered tampered with and automatic failure.

Either way, wanna come over and help me tomorrow Ken???

Sorry, I use DLC generically for the Data Link Connector :lol:

Its an OBD2 style port.. I wish I had a 2nd one to splice into it and put it in a location elsewhere that is hidden so I can hook up my tuner interface so the cable isnt all over my legs..

I cant move the existing DLC.. I will not be able to pass echeck!! A moved DLC is considered tampered with and automatic failure.

Either way, wanna come over and help me tomorrow Ken???

probably not... Too many other things to do, but the 95 CS *SHOULD* have a square OBD I ALDL type connector, minus the ground wire OBD I cars have.

I was suggesting that the OBD I.5 connector stay where it is and the OBB II connector be added off to the side where it is hidden...

Ken!!! Text sent!!!

Can you bring me a OBD2 connector and some wire to my place in Medina by 1pm tomorrow??? PLEASE!!! Pretty please!!!! I can pay a bit of cash and/or some parts I have laying around!!!

I know it might rain, I will pull my car into the garage to do the swap...

OMG, Im excited, this might be way more easy than I though!!

And if swapping OBD2 into a 95 OBD1.5 car is really this easy, why the hell didnt you OBD2 swap your MC Robert??

And why shouldnt I get my panties in a bunch.. I already know what it take to remove the harness, so installing the repinned 97 harness and adding a few wires isnt that hard... Guess I should also put that I do have good wiring experience

And if swapping OBD2 into a 95 OBD1.5 car is really this easy, why the hell didnt you OBD2 swap your MC Robert??

i've got my reasons... plus i got a great deal on everything i needed. i saw no reason to pay the 400+ JUST for tuning software...

Oh, makes sense I supposed.. I already have HPT

Now it runs, just one issue,,

I moved on the 97 harness A1 to A3

E1 to L1

The L1 wire apparenty needs to be switched on the 97 harness, the 95 block has it constant. I turned the key off and it kept running :lol: That wire obviously needs switch...

DO do I have it reversed with another wire that should be constant and is getting switched, or should the 97 harness that needs switched just be better off spliced into another switched wire.. Its only a small 16ga pink wire anyway..

Found Brian P's post when he did the swap..

Yup, I just have 2 power wires reversed basically..

Lord, this swap has made me nervous (time contraints) but is actually easy as hell.

OBD2 FTW..

Can prolly lock this thread, wiring is figured out and I will make a nice how to thread if I have time tomorrow!!

OBD2 FTW..

if you want to get technical, anything other than obd1.5 is FTW...

You know, your right! OBD2 is just my thing, it has its advantages over OBD1 as far as diagnostics and dataflow, but tuning I guess they are pretty much right on par..

Except I have a MAF :nana:

VE works nice, but MAF can respond a bit quicker and compensate a little more.. Plus MAF tuning is a cake walk. Fuck it up and the PCM will just revert to VE so you can still drive ok..

Fuck up VE tuning, and well it aint gonna run worth a damn.

since we're doing a little comparison, i'm running a 16149396 PCM, it's running DF code. i'll post a "little" list of all the things i can play with.

BTW: yes a MAF will compensate more, but i still don't like the idea of an invasive method to meter air...

and tuning VE is much simpler than most would have you think. i made my own autotuner, so now it takes me all of 30 seconds to correct the VE tables...

Robert...Could I possibly pick your brain quickly?

My 1991 S10 Blazer 4x4, 4.3 TBI, 700R4 trans. Has an ECM with a 160 BAUD datastream and I want to upgrade (for now) to an ECM with an 8192 BAUD datastream.

Got any ideas outside of a piggyback PROM chip?