Adding fog lights

spiderw31

Ok, so we all know how wonderful the mini quads look, and how wonderful they don't work. Yesterday I nearly hit someone standing in the road, not because I wasn't paying attention, but because he was dressed darkly and outside of the rather narrow beam the lights project. This isn't the first time some thing/one seemed to appear out of nowhere near my car, so I've had it with these lights.

I'm not interested in HID conversions or anything like that, as I know I'll get nicked for them, and they won't do jack for widening the visible light. What I'd like to do is add fogs, as my car doesn't currently have them. I've been under the car, and I've seen wires hanging down in each fog mounting area, and the switch pod has the switch, so it appears that the car is already wired for them.

What do I need to add to have working fogs?

Go get the bracket and the fog light at a Junkyard, and cut the hole out.

You mean cut the hole in the fascia? If so, the hole is already there. Sadly, there are no yards anywhere close to me :(

Go get the bracket and the fog light at a Junkyard, and cut the hole out.

You mean cut the hole in the fascia? If so, the hole is already there. Sadly, there are no yards anywhere close to me :(

If the hole is there, I think all you need is the bracket and the light.

I would also assume the holes are there for the bolts as well.

i think there are relays already for your lights. some cars have them built in... just find some rectangular ones with brackets.... and bolt them on. Personally, I have looked at " Navigator driving lights" that are availible at wally world for about $22.

i think there are relays already for your lights. some cars have them built in... just find some rectangular ones with brackets.... and bolt them on. Personally, I have looked at " Navigator driving lights" that are availible at wally world for about $22.

Thanks K... I just went over to advanced, and found those exact lights for $19. The brackets on those won't bolt into the stock holes 'cause the lights hit the fascia, but I think I can figure that out. Hey, for the price I'm not complaining! Even if I do wind up trading the GP for a G8, it's no big loss.

Oh yeah, I did find a harness tucked up in the right side as well. Sure enough, flipped the switch on, and the lights got power. I'll get them mounted up when I can see outside.

Thanks for the help all!