Whats it worth

AL

200 max.

My old '97 Lumina LTZ with the 3100 and 220k miles broke the camshaft just casually driving down the thruway at 70mph. Gave no signs otherwise.

The thing that sucks is that if that happens the oil pump quits and you lose oil pressure and take out bearings..

JY 3400 swap!

Since I have to rebuild a motor for school, Im gonna see if I cant get a cheap j/y one to rebuild and drop it in as rebuilding the one thats in it wouldnt be the best decision if the camshaft broke

Not a bad idea, but it depends what you got it for and depends what your plans are for it. If you are flipping it, why rebuild the motor? Buy a decent running junkyard one, hopefully with less or similar mileage, swap it, sell it. Why spend the extra unless you plan to keep it or sell it to a friend.

Sometimes selling it sooner for a little less beats getting into it too deep and finding something big, or losing time/space/money.

• 1 month later...

[hijack]

When I went to click out of the UD meaning for Hot Pocket, I accidentally clicked on something random that turned out to be "Hot Pork".

double-facepalm-1.jpg

[/hijack]