Whats it worth

AL

97 MC, 132k miles, body has no dents, only a couple spots where the paint is peeling, its white with black stripes down the side, blue interior, dual climate control, 3100 that she says broke a camshaft, tranny shifts perfect, pics later

I've heard of it several times now.

IIRC, aren't the cams hollow.

yes, the lobes are pressed onto a hollow core.

but it usually takes a VERY unattentive driver for it to be caused. usually stems from complete lack of oil, the LIMg leaking, or someone who likes to redline it when it's cold...

i'd try and figure out which one applies, that way you know what else to look for that might be bad.

I've heard of it several times now.

IIRC, aren't the cams hollow.

yes, the lobes are pressed onto a hollow core.

but it usually takes a VERY unattentive driver for it to be caused. usually stems from complete lack of oil, the LIMg leaking, or someone who likes to redline it when it's cold...

i'd try and figure out which one applies, that way you know what else to look for that might be bad.

Ha the Skylark I'm driving now had the same thing happen to it, I got that cam laying around somewhere. But yeah, they are hollow and I personally think it was a stupid design choice.

you can see the peeling paint on the roof, that is the only spot of peeling paint, also its dirty so it doesnt look to pretty right now but the car shines up nicely... Its my co-workers and shes had it a couple years and never had a problem till now... More pics coming soon