Cutlass headlights

hermannm

Does anyone else notice the cutlass supreme headlights are terrible? Ive driven around in town before and couldnt tell they we not on LOL. Its a 1992, the lens are pretty pitted, could this be why? I have tried putting in the good headlights that claim 90% improved visibiilty but they are not much better. Is it just a design flaw with the way the lights are made?

coupe or sedan???

The sedan you have to take to a dealer to align the headlights. So, I've read.

what? i call bullshit on that one. whoever wrote it has ulterior motives or is just lazy.

coupe or sedan???

what? i call bullshit on that one. whoever wrote it has ulterior motives or is just lazy.

I read it in the manual. And I thought sucks to own a sedan cutlass.

coupe or sedan???

I can say its 110% false, i have adjusted my own headlights many times before using the hoppy aimers. Mine has adjustment for both up and down and side to side.

but they look sooo good!!! :dance:

Absolutely! The look of the mini quads and the coupe door handles are one of the reasons I wanted a first gen.

the 94-96 B4U Special Edition GPs still haunt my dreams...

Personally, I find the mini quads do a fairly decent job...but keep in mind, my other convertible is a '94 LeBaron. The headlights were marginal when the car was new, and age hasn't helped matters...

Car manufacturers should NEVER have been allowed to use polycarbonate for headlights...the plastic reacts with UV light, and the plastic clouds...

mini-quads are just horrible in general though...

QFT. Especially the highbeams. Though Paul did the bulb swap (9006 or whatever it is) when he owned the car, I run the fogs whenever I want highbeams because they light better. Wouldn't have it any other way though. Form > Function when it comes to headlights.

coupe or sedan???

I can say its 110% false, i have adjusted my own headlights many times before using the hoppy aimers. Mine has adjustment for both up and down and side to side.

Dealer only my ass! I too have adjusted the headlights in my cutty sedan a number of times in the past. If your lenses are that pitted, just go to the parts yard or look on ebay for some in better condition.

Is is a sedan. I bought "HID" lights from princess auto for $5. HAHA they claim 100 watt and are not street legal. How would i go about properly aiming the headlights, it may help a bit of the problem i suppose, as it looks like both the lights are concentrated towards the centre of the road. Altough the high beams seem to light everthing up.

posted in the wrong thread = UBBER PWNAGE!

you may have to do what Brian P did and resurface your headlights. see the FAQ thead about it.

i did my in-laws van about a week after brian made the article for it, still looking good, even though all i had was 100 and 200 grit sandpaper... the clear got it though, can't tell.

Absolutely! The look of the mini quads and the coupe door handles are one of the reasons I wanted a first gen.

While they both look amazing, they both fail in practicality. I found the mini quads on my GTP to be pretty good. I had bright fog lights though, that probably made all the difference.