How to remove door panel?

94 olds vert

1994 cutlass vert

The door handle, the metal rod that connects to the latch came off. How do I put it back on?

I am thinking I need to remove the door panel?

Any ideas of were to get started?

remove lower cover around seatbelt area

remove latch/lock cover with one phillips screw

remove switch plate, this may be easiest if you reach up from below and press on the clip at the front and/or rear of the switch plate so you don't have to pry on the doorpanel

remove hidden 7mm bolt that goes though the top of the pull handle, accessed right behind the release handle

remove large phillips screw hidden under switch plate

remove cap by the upper seatbelt

remove 1 or 2 phillips screws found hidden under the cap (I recommend adding the second screw if the factory did not install it, grab one on your next j/y visit)

remove phillips screw at top front near mirror

door panel now free to remove, but take care to try and get the "christmas tree" pegs out without damage.

I got frustrated rated and ripped the bottom part out and ripped a whole in some clear plastic.. Stuck my hand in there popped that rod back in place.

All I have to do now is install the new door handle, and Hot glue is going to be my best friend right now.

5 dollar door handle+2 hours to install and put back together= One working door (priceless)

I must be an expert at putting door handles on! That the 4th one on my car and I did 2 on my buddy's car.