Those Nasty Seat Belt Holders

Galaxie500XL

My '95 Cutlass has those plastic seat belt holders that stick out of the sides of the headrest.

To be honest, they never get used, and I generally ignore them....BUT...

EVERY TIME my 14-year old son sits in the back, when we go to exit the car, he starts pushing the seatback forward before I've gotten out of the car. He's gotten the timing down perfectly, because I get jabbed in the left kidney almost every time.

:lol:

Is there a good way to remove those nasty plastic holders, without making the seats look bad?

I and my kidneys thank you for your advice...

That might work, unless he has tan leather which I am pretty sure was not available before 1995. Well, except in 1990-91, I think and it was a much different leather.

That might work, unless he has tan leather which I am pretty sure was not available before 1995. Well, except in 1990-91, I think and it was a much different leather.

ya I think the style of the seats for '90-'91 is different too.

The seats are black leather (I think they're actually called Graphite), in my '95 CS convertible. That idea was so simple, and made great sense ....what kills me is that I just saw a couple of these just a few weeks ago in a junkyard :redface:...but the car is gone now.

all you have to do is unsnap the headrest cover (lift the headrest and look at the underside), slide the seatbelt guide, cut the guide at the 2 posts with cutting pliers and re-snap the headrest cover together...

Pull the headrest from the seat. On the bottom is a plastic tab that connects the headrest material. Unsnap the plastic along the bottom of the headrest, slide the belt holder off and reconnect the plastic tab. Very simple to do.